Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

ATTN: Nova Students

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by CVPA, Jan 6, 2002.

1. CVPA

CVPA Senior Member

I am a physician assistant in the South Florida area who desperately wishes to attend NSU-COM. My problem is that I have been out of school for a number of years and relearning Physics, Orgo, and Gen Chem is proving to be quite a problem as far as the MCAT is concerned.

I undertand that NSU has a Master's in Biomedical Science program where the first year's curriculum is identical to the MSI's. If you do well, you have a good shot of getting into the next year's medical school class.

Can anyone please shed some light on this program for me? The website is vary vague and non-descriptive. I would love to talk to someone who has been through this program and is now a medical student.

Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JPFL75

JPFL75 Member

Hi CVPA,

I'm currently a third year at NSUCOM...I didn't go through the masters program...however, I have friends that did...from my understanding, admission to the masters program is fairly easy and if you can pass the first year with a >=80% average in all your classes your chances of getting in are extremely good almost guaranteed...If you want I can give you an email contact who could give you additional details...good luck

4. CVPA

CVPA Senior Member

Hey JPFL:

Thanks a lot for responding. Yes, if you wouldn't mind, I'd love the email contact. If you could private message me with it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again!