Attn: Nymc Interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrAverageJoe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
DON'T FORGET TO BRING 2 COPIES OF YOUR AMCAS PERSONAL STATEMENT!

Also, does this mean our interviews will be closed file?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow...thanks would have forgotten...I am headed there this upcoming week!

Just wondering when your application was complete with NYMC, I want to get an estimate of how long it takes to get an interview invite after being complete

Members don't see this ad :)
I am pretty sure it is closed. I'll be there middle of next month.

And yes I think its closed.

Also I was complete the 27th of July and got the invite the 15th of August.

Yeah, the interviewer only has access to your personal statement from what I remember.

Yeah, the interviewer only has access to your personal statement from what I remember.

then why do we need to bring two copies of our personal statement? do they really need three copies of the same essay? :confused:

btw, where the hell is valhalla?

then why do we need to bring two copies of our personal statement? do they really need three copies of the same essay? :confused:

btw, where the hell is valhalla?

I'm assuming they've read it in your file and ask you to bring 2 copies so each interviewer can make notes on it while they ask you about specific aspects.

And Valhalla is like 30 miles north of NYC. If you look on their website they give excellent directions on how to get there (especially for those of us who won't be driving).

I interviewed there last year and my interviewer basically asked me to go over everything that was in my appilcation. She hadn't looked at it at all. So the entire thing was me summarizing my AMCAS stuff for her- seemed a little silly, but whatever.

I paid the secondary fee and that doesn't even cover the cost of printouts?!?!

I interviewed there last year and my interviewer basically asked me to go over everything that was in my appilcation. She hadn't looked at it at all. So the entire thing was me summarizing my AMCAS stuff for her- seemed a little silly, but whatever.
I dunno - I think it lets them see what activities were actually important to you and which were an overzealous premed padding their resume. When its very conversational and having you go over your AMCAS they see what you were passionate about by what you remember to mention and how you talk about it. I can see how it would be useful, especially when there isn't a whole lot else they can ask you about if there isn't anything super weird on your grades.

And come on - wouldn't you rather talk about your college activities than get ethical questions?

were you accepted?

Hey just cause you have to do this doesnt mean you won't get ethical questions, I got a few hard ones last year, like "discuss the differences between morals and ethics.." so be prepared. and if you have Qs on getting here PM me I'm a 1st year here