Attn: Past and Current RWJMS Applicants Who Got a Very Competitive Status Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

After getting a very competitive letter from RWJMS, what was the result?

• Immediate Acceptance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • High Priority Alternate List and then a Later Acceptance

• Regular Alternate List and then a Later Acceptance

• High Priority Alternate List and then a Later Rejection

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Regular Alternate List and then a Later Rejection

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Withdrawal of Application

• Total voters

pride4jc727

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anybody else got a very competitive category letter from RWJMS during the medical admissions cycle in any year, past and present. I was wondering what your experience was this as well as the final outcome. I also wanted to know as a very competitive applicant who interviewed on 2/21 and got the letter dated 3/28 how to interpret this status thus far. Should it be that the decision made is that they cannot decide on me, or are they waiting for spots to open for me to be accepted, or are they just delaying the inevitable of an HP or regular alternate list placement, or are they waiting for something significant to put me over the top? Is there anything I should do at this point other than wait? I will be, however, attending a orientation session and tour in April since my interview was not on a Monday or Friday.

Your votes and your thoughts...

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anybody else got a very competitive category letter from RWJMS during the medical admissions cycle in any year, past and present. I was wondering what your experience was this as well as the final outcome. I also wanted to know as a very competitive applicant who interviewed on 2/21 and got the letter dated 3/28 how to interpret this status thus far. Should it be that the decision made is that they cannot decide on me, or are they waiting for spots to open for me to be accepted, or are they just delaying the inevitable of an HP or regular alternate list placement, or are they waiting for something significant to put me over the top? Is there anything I should do at this point other than wait? I will be, however, attending a orientation session and tour in April since my interview was not on a Monday or Friday.

Your votes and your thoughts...

Keep all of your Jersey school posts in the same thread! jeez

I believe last year ~3 students were pulled off of that list