Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Attn: People who had/have low GPAs !!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by snaangirl, May 20, 2002.

1. snaangirl

snaangirl Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey everyone,,,,

i messed up. My GPA shows it. But there wasnt any specific event that caused my gpa to be so ugly... so i was wondering if i should answer yes to the question on the application that asks...

Has your academic performance been disrupted or adversely affected... yadayadayada.. i dont know the exact words.... so does my stupidity fall under that catagory?
    Has anyone out there answered yes to that?
    thanks a bunch~~!!!
    snaangirl

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. al

al Member
    7+ Year Member

In my opinion, on something so preliminary as the aadsas, its best to keep the negatives as minimal as possible, in fact, I'd say "no". I feel explaining your downfalls are best for the interview, only if they ask you, and they most likely will if your grades are pretty low. At this time, Just be honest, and don't dwell too much on what went wrong, but emphasize what you did to improve, grow, etc. Overall let the adcoms figure out if you are not qualified. Don't make it easy for them to do so by telling them up front (aadsas app) that you've had problems in life, this is what the interview is for. think of the aadsas as a resume that you're submitting to schools in order to sell yourself. A good resume lists experiences, accomplishments, positive stuff etc, no side notes of any problems, character flaws, etc.--good luck