ATTN: Pre Optometry Students in Southern California!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FLCBRUIN84

SCCO c/o 2012!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I just received my acceptance for SCCO's class of 2012, my boss is frantic to find someone to replace me in the next month or two (I'll be moving soon to save money--Irvine is sooo expensive!).

The position is for a full time optometric assistant for a private practice in Irvine. I've been here for about 2 years and there's definitely been highs and lows like any other job but if you want to go to optometry school... more specifically SCCO... this is the doctor to work for. This is a single doctor practice and she is always booked open to close 6 days a week. Since she sees so many patients daily, YOU WILL LEARN A LOT about the field and what optometry is all about. I nailed so many questions at my interview at SCCO all because of what I learned at work.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: She is a prominent alumnus of SCCO. She was first in her class each year and the top senior research paper recipient. Many of the faculty members of SCCO come to her office for their own exams so I really had great opportunities in networking myself. She hooked me up with 5 doctors in different fields to shadow before my interview (Vision Therapy, Low Vision, Commercial, LASIK co management and more). If you are a great employee, she will definitely write you a very meaningful letter of recommendation that you need when applying. LASTLY, when I went to SCCO for my interview, everyone there knew exactly who she was. The two faculty members at my interview even stated that she was one of their favorite students ever! Even the financial aid associate said I was so lucky to have a mentor like her!

The job entails:
Overseeing all front office operations
Appointment Scheduling
Contact Lens trainings
Pre testing (auto refraction, visual fields, neutralizing lenses, pupillometer, retinal camera)
Insurance verification and billing
Co management with TLC Lasik Centers
Collections
and much more...

Requirements:
Must have experience in an optometry office
Knowledge of major vision insurances: VSP, Eyemed, Spectera, MES, etc
Must be able to interact with patients of all colors, shapes and sizes
Detail oriented in chart preparation
LASTLY: must be willing to work in a family oriented work setting, her mother works in our office.. so if you can't imagine working with someone like your own grandmother.. this job isn't for you!

PM me if you are interested! We're taking resumes at this very moment!

Members don't see this ad.