**ATTN UConn, Penn, Columbia students!!!!**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RAK1987

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!!

so i have a big decision to make in the next few days and would really like some input from current students.

right now i'm deciding between UConn, Columbia, and Penn w/ a Dean's Scholarship...

i would really appreciate current students input! what you like, what you don't like, anything surprised you??

i need all the info i can get! thanks a ton!

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, you have a thread about this in the pre-dents section. You managed to strike up a big controversy there, but dental students should be a bit more knowledgeable and mature so I don't think that will happen here.

These ABC vs. XYZ threads are really stupid, pointless, and annoying. This is especially the case when they are in the pre-dents section and are soliciting advice from many people who haven't even been accepted to dental school and have no firsthand knowledge of the schools being discussed.

Just go to the cheapest school. Are you made of money? If so go to the school which impressed you the most. Has every pre-dent with multiple acceptances lost the ability to think independently and critically? If you are really looking for a mob vote, just put up a poll and go to the school with the most votes. Speaking of votes, who won the vote on the pre-dent thread and are you looking for a recount?

Definitely go to PENN. Way cheaper than Columbia and is probably a lot more fun than going to UConn.

I have a couple buddies at PENN and they are enjoying themselves.

Hup

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, you have a thread about this in the pre-dents section. You managed to strike up a big controversy there, but dental students should be a bit more knowledgeable and mature so I don't think that will happen here.

These ABC vs. XYZ threads are really stupid, pointless, and annoying. This is especially the case when they are in the pre-dents section and are soliciting advice from many people who haven't even been accepted to dental school and have no firsthand knowledge of the schools being discussed.

Just go to the cheapest school. Are you made of money? If so go to the school which impressed you the most. Has every pre-dent with multiple acceptances lost the ability to think independently and critically? If you are really looking for a mob vote, just put up a poll and go to the school with the most votes. Speaking of votes, who won the vote on the pre-dent thread and are you looking for a recount?

thanks for your opinion. fortunately, i can make decisions. i make very calculated and well thought decisions... which is why i'm looking for input from students that attend these schools to see if there is anything that i can factor in to my decision. what their perspectives are like. what their experiences have been like - that you don't get on interviews.

if this is annoying to you - don't read. i'm trying to make the most informed decision possible. i don't want people's opinion on where i should go... i want to hear about their experiences to see if there is anything under the surface that i missed.

The cheapest school. The experience of writing a smaller loan check is one you will enjoy for 30 years after graduation.

Of the 3 you posted, I pick UConn. Smaller class size and nicer facility from what I remember. Don't know if it would be the cheapest though since you have a scholarship to one of the other schools.

Overheard Columbia this year had 12 applied to ortho, 18 to OS and 12 to pedo. Any info at Penn and Uconn?