• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

AbsoluteEthanol

PHARMACY STUD
10+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2008
Southern California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Auburn and Appalachia are by far the worst pharmacy schools that i have ever encountered; their lack of professional and knoweldgeable staff is absolutely unheard of! Last time I had heard from these schools was after they cashed my "supplemental application fee" check about 2 months before the deadline... that's it, no word, nothing! My numerous attempts at contacting these suppposed establishments for higher learning were an utter waste of time, they were completely FUTILE! What pieces of garbage!

anyone else have a similar experience?

p.s. before i get completely flamed out by current students of either schools, please remember that these observations are based solely on my f-ed up experience.

glowinglimabean

10+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Auburn and Appalachia are by far the worst pharmacy schools that i have ever encountered; their lack of professional and knoweldgeable staff is absolutely unheard of! Last time I had heard from these schools was after they cashed my "supplemental application fee" check about 2 months before the deadline... that's it, no word, nothing! My numerous attempts at contacting these suppposed establishments for higher learning were an utter waste of time, they were completely FUTILE! What pieces of garbage!

p.s. before i get completely flamed out by current students of either schools, please remember that these observations are based solely on my f-ed up experience.

I can say that I had a similar experience with Nova Southeastern University, South University and Albany. They have no decency to keep you informed much less returning an email or a call.

Falokis

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Auburn, AL
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I think all schools are that way for the most part. If they answered every email they get from hopefuls, they wouldn't be able to do anything else done.

That being said, Auburn answered any and all of my emails, but Howard basically had to be stalked. I think every student had one or two that treated them great and one or two that treated them bad.

About the Ads

faulkner41

Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
i had that happen with south university... i sent them my supplemental fee and that was the last that i heard from them!

sorry you had a bad run in with auburn!!! good luck at maryland!!

RNtoPharmD

Love
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Yes, it happened to me a lots with many schools i applied...
but ..Well.. I think in this case it's fair to blame only their admission process and admission staff, not their quality of education..

AbsoluteEthanol

PHARMACY STUD
10+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2008
Southern California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Yes, it happened to me a lots with many schools i applied...
but ..Well.. I think in this case it's fair to blame only their admission process and admission staff, not their quality of education..

no doubt about it, i wouldn't be applying there if i thought the schools were bad. still VERY frustrating, candidates are treated like pieces of crap by some schools and it's very unfortunate

CD5

10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Some schools don't even say ANYTHING to me at all.
My worst experience was with USN however thats the first that comes to mind, I can list off many.
Its probably because I'm north of the border.

Pharmpills

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student

What are u talking about i emailed Auburn today and got a response in 2 hours. Are u emailing the right person i think his name is kennely or so. Auburn was the only school that answered my calls during every attempt im not sure whats wrong with ur attempts its odd, maybe ur dialing the wrong number or emailing the wrong person. If they havnt contacted u for an interview yet then sadly its unlikely for u to get in but work on ur weak areas and attempt early admission. GL

ladifantasy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I can say that I had a similar experience with Nova Southeastern University, South University and Albany. They have no decency to keep you informed much less returning an email or a call.

I must agree that Nova Southeastern Univ. is the worst when it comes to answering their phones. They NEVER pick up when I call.

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
How many times did y'all try to call these schools? I think I might have called my prospective school five times max, plus I never used email. If they want to interview you, they'll contact you.

I hope all of you don't bug the CRAP out of pharmacy managers when you try to apply at a pharmacy. Pushy people will turn-off a pharmacist faster than an irate customer, at least the customer contributes to his job outlook.

Did any of your parents teach you strategies for the real world? When I was 16, my mother handed me a book about the dos/don'ts of filling out job applications, because I was having a tough time filling out the application.
To this day, my mother and I still talk about our strategies for succeeding in the real world.

If you understand the process of how these schools deal with applications, you wouldn't be disappointed by their lack of contact.

Can you imagine what it would be like to call 1,000+ applicants?

probablytoolate

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I did not have this experience with Auburn at all. They promptly responded to my e-mails and phone calls regarding particular pre-req and various other specific questions.

There are some questions that you shouldn't expect them to answer for you such as "when am I getting an interview?" They will get in touch with you if and when they want to.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.