Auburn Financial Aid/Tuition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

model7LSS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be a first year student at AUCVM, and was wondering about financial aid. I live in Auburn currently, but will be looking for a place on my own. I found a place I like, but it is a little more than what I want to pay. I would like to know what the financial aid (loan) package is like so that I can attempt to set up a budget for housing. Do they loan you up to Auburns estimated cost of attendance, just tuition, etc? I haven't heard anything from the school as far as money goes, and figure I won't until after April 15th. Thanks for any help/advice.

Members don't see this ad.

You will need to fill out the FASFA. The loan amount depends on your FASFA. Most likely you will receive the full loan amount that Auburn sets as the yearly cost of attendance for your residency status. I would recommend only taking out how much you need, especially since all professional loans are now non-subsidized. The average debt of an in state student is around $170,000. If you can find cheaper housing in a trailer or with roommates, that would be my recommendation.

I have done the FAFSA and submitted by March 1 deadline, but only recently updated my status to graduate/professional student as I didn't known whether or not I would be in. The place im looking at is practically across the street from the school, and I feel much better living alone and without the distractions of people always being around. Thanks, guess i will have to suck it up in one fashion or the other.