Audioosmosis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jonathan13180

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Im guessing many of you have, but i was wondering if many of you have used the examkrackers audio osmosis CDS, and if so, did they help at all? Cuz i need all the help i can get. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I using them now...they are pretty good.

I have wanted to try audio osmosis for awhile, but I am broke.

*edited*

Members don't see this ad :)
How does audio osmosis work? Are u supposed to listen to it as u sleep? I have never tried listening to anything will sleeping, but it sounds like after a while ur brain would just filter the sounds out or u would just not get a very good night of sleep. Am i wrong about this? Has anyone had a good experience with this technique?

Today I fell asleep in school for the first time. I was in an empty classroom studying, and I realized I was behind on an audio osmosis lecture. I popped in the CD and within 5 minues, I was knocked out. Kinda cool how that stuff puts you to sleep. Nevertheless, it is one of the most useful tools I have used so far in my MCAT studying so no underplaying here... we'll see how it goes. But it does serve 2 purposes: sleep and teach.

Wow, that a good idea. I sometimes have trouble sleeping, maybe using the tapes can help me create better sleep patterns and learn mcat materials at the sametime.

DW,
I was joking.. Alas, I am never funny. Should I note whenever I attempt humor?

PS.. I think we should open SDN Uncensored... you know like jacka$$ and Jerry Springer that way we get to see what Big Brother doesn't want you to see!
*poor attept at some form of comedy*

anybody know how many total hours? 12 cd's... sounds like it could be a lot.
thanks.

12 hours, ~one hour per CD. they move pretty fast.

I *dont* recommend buying it on ebay, burning em, and reselling them at no $ loss.
:idea:

Originally posted by jhk43

I *dont* recommend buying it on ebay, burning em, and reselling them at no $ loss.

How can u learn all that mcat material in 12 hrs? Is it pretty condensed?

It's not condensed. You don't "learn" it in 12 hours; it's meant to be listened to over and over again. Also, it's best as a secondary tool to help reinforce concept.s

Originally posted by jhk43

Your cruising for a bruising... our at least editing

I kinda wish someone would be nice enough to upload them onto their kazaa name. That would be sweet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wanted to buy it too but it seems like there are alot of errors. I went to EK website and you can check the errors they made in any of their products. That's kind of nice, but I don't want to have false info drilled into my head and later correct myself...seems too troublesome. :smuggrin:

Originally posted by cattywoman
I wanted to buy it too but it seems like there are alot of errors. I went to EK website and you can check the errors they made in any of their products. That's kind of nice, but I don't want to have false info drilled into my head and later correct myself...seems too troublesome. :smuggrin:

I really loved them. I would listen to one disc each night when I went to bed. I would eventually fall asleep (and wake wonder where my Walkman went) but they helped me a ton.

I think I got the most out of them with physical sciences. I am audio/visual learner (not an equations person) and the CD help conceptualize things.

Well worth the $200 bucks for me.

Good Luck,
WISC-ite

Hey guys,

I just purchased one today for 129.96, brand new from Barnes and Nobles. This is what you do:
1. visit www.BN.com and search for EK audio osmosis.
2. it's selling for 136.99 and free shipping
3. then, google "barnes and nobles coupon" and it'll show the websites that offer $10 coupon code for free without signing up
4. type in the code when you check out.
This is the cheapest and hassel-free to get these darn CDs.

Ebay is just too stressful because I always get outbid at the last minute and a lot of them are opened.
Amazon seems unreliable, b/c you'll never know if you'll get your merchandise on time.

I just got my set today off ebay for 139.00 plus shipping!! Brand new. I listened to the first tape tonight and so far I LOVE IT!! I also have the books as well.....Good stuff so far!

I listened to AO so many times that during the exam, I started to hear their voices in my head! Overall, IMHO, their CDs are great. If you can't take the course or are too lazy to do much of the reading/studying. You just need to pop these bad-boy CDs into your CD player then magic will occur. If you have a comprehensive science background, listening to these CDs could be the only source you may need. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by EarlyEditionDude
I listened to AO so many times that during the exam, I started to hear their voices in my head! Overall, IMHO, their CDs are great. If you can't take the course or are too lazy to do much of the reading/studying. You just need to pop these bad-boy CDs into your CD player then magic will occur. If you have a comprehensive science background, listening to these CDs could be the only source you may need. :clap: :clap: :clap:

What's IMHO?
sorry..I'm just old.:rolleyes:

Why do people always misuse the word "osmosis"? Everyone knows it refers only to the movement of water! What's wrong with poor li'l "diffusion"? Doesn't sound as cool?

:)

I got mine off of Overstock.. was just a little over $100. You can use a coupon there also.

good luck

Hi,
I am trying to find audioosmosis on the overstock.com's books area, but its not coming up. How do you find it? and Please let me know where you get the coupon from?
thanks.

Hey kid!
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2...p=F&siteID=pjv1c.QzcE0-XUcdUtjxS9pcNt5QO6AdlQ
there's the link to overstock's website to purchase audio osmosis. Unfortunately, it looks like they're out of stock right now.. I'm really sorry..

You can sign up to find out when they get them back in stock though, if you're not in a major hurry.

As far as the coupons.. just run a search on google for overstock coupon..I think I used a $10 off one from somewhere... you'll find a million codes out there.

Good luck! I hope they come in stock soon.

if you aren't able to get it through overstock, here's a link to a price comparison place that had some decent deals as well....

http://www.bestwebbuys.com/books/compare/isbn/1893858235/isrc/b-home-search

(I am not affiliated with either of these places)

thanks buddy! I am an august mcater, so not in a real hurry. I appreciate your help. I may just buy it from somebody who is taking the april mcat for even cheaper.

Originally posted by fullefect1
I kinda wish someone would be nice enough to upload them onto their kazaa name. That would be sweet.

I wish the very same thing...

hi,
like i mentioned before I am an august mcat taker, So, if anybody is using audiosmosis for april mcat and is interested to sell it email me at [email protected].
Thanks.

problem is... i'm using them until i take the mcat and then get my scores...

as far as uploading... it's not that i don't want to share, it's just that i don't have a solid permanent connection that's worth a damn. (phone modem at home... t1 at school... but my laptop travels with me so it would annoy people trying to download).

there is no proven (in fact, it's been disproven) effect of listening to something while you sleep. the problem is, while you're sleeping, you're not actively encoding incoming information... no encoding = no storage = no retrieval. :-(

I listen to them in the car. or in my lab, which is where i am RIGHT THIS SECOND, studying for the mcat. sigh. so much for spring break.

I listen to mine while driving....I figure that I am utilizing wasted time...(as far as studying) by doing this... also when I go to places that I can not take a book or it would be impractical to take a book ...that is where i use my audio osmosis...and so far...I am loving it!!

last time I tried to listen to them in my car, it was so boring I almost dozed off at the wheel. I suppose it depends on what sort of a learner you are. I can't really picture things in my head very well when I listen to lectures, so it's not a big help for me at all. I'd much rather use a textbook.

i have a 40 minute commute to work each day in the am and 40 more in the pm. for me it has been worth it to listen to them. you can't really use them to learn a topic first time through, but it helps reinforce topics you are already familiar with