1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Audit v. Credit

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CEB27, Mar 21, 2004.

1. CEB27

CEB27 Junior Member

I've already taken O.chem 1 and received a B-. However, this grade did not appear on my transcript due to it being transferred in from another college. I am planning on retaking O.chem 1 to refresh for O.chem 2. Should I take it for credit or audit the course?

thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    can you get the transcript that has your B- on it? i mean cause if you cant...you have to take it for a grade.

but if there is a record of you getting that grade, then i would not retake ochem...esp if you cant get an A the 2nd time around.

so if you are serious about taking ochem again just to have it as a refresher...then just audit it. takes the stress out of learning.

4. fullefect1

fullefect1 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

You still have to submit all grades taking in college even if you transfered, so you shouldn't be concerned if it shows up on your transcript or not. But if you believe that you can get higher then your B- do it up, it will be averaged over GPA when you apply. I would really only recommend this if you were positive you could get an A though, it might not really look to good if you can only pull of a B for the second time doing a class.

I am not 100% positive on the average of the grades if they are taking at 2 different schools though. Does anyone have a positive answer for this?