Audit v. Credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CEB27

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've already taken O.chem 1 and received a B-. However, this grade did not appear on my transcript due to it being transferred in from another college. I am planning on retaking O.chem 1 to refresh for O.chem 2. Should I take it for credit or audit the course?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

can you get the transcript that has your B- on it? i mean cause if you cant...you have to take it for a grade.

but if there is a record of you getting that grade, then i would not retake ochem...esp if you cant get an A the 2nd time around.

so if you are serious about taking ochem again just to have it as a refresher...then just audit it. takes the stress out of learning.

You still have to submit all grades taking in college even if you transfered, so you shouldn't be concerned if it shows up on your transcript or not. But if you believe that you can get higher then your B- do it up, it will be averaged over GPA when you apply. I would really only recommend this if you were positive you could get an A though, it might not really look to good if you can only pull of a B for the second time doing a class.

I am not 100% positive on the average of the grades if they are taking at 2 different schools though. Does anyone have a positive answer for this?