Aug DAT still competitive according to UF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lethstang

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just talked to a nice young lady in admissions. She scoffed at me when I mentioned I thought Id be uncompetitive with an august DAT. Where are ppl basing their information on that this is horribly late?

Members don't see this ad.

More likely, they are followers of Carnac the Magnificent.

Members don't see this ad :)
August isnt a problem, thats when I took mine and I still got my interview in september. Was your application complete besides the test?

Oh im applying this cycle, Im just fact finding as Im taking the DAT this summer in the midst of pre reqs. Dont want to take it too early, or too late so finding the optimal time.

I took the DAT Aug 22, 2009 and applied this cycle. If you rock it, you'll still be considered competitive. I've gotten 5 interview invites and 1 acceptance on Dec 1st. IMHO i rather take the test a lil bit later and rock it...rather than take it too early and not do so well and have to do a retake 90 days later (which will be suuuper late), Hope this helps

I took the DAT Aug. 3rd and submitted AADSAS on Aug 8th. I was getting worried with all the post about this being considered late...but still got a UF interview Sept 29th.