August 15 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cumberland_Doc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
August is coming fast. For those of you August 15th MCAT folks, post your thoughts, preparation, and questions here.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, I thought this was another fake 'they're up' thing but I checked because I was about to go somewhere and mine were up!
VR: 10
PS: 11
BS: 10
WS: R
31R!!!! :):):)

Holy crap, I didn't think this would happen seeing as I'm a first timer and my practice test scores were 25, 26, 22, 21. I guess things turn out well, especially the 10 in each section. I'm so happy, good luck to everyone else!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah dude..wtf I mean its a two digit number * 4(hopefully) and one alphabet. Web servers should be able to release that little amount of data within minutes for 2pm ones as well. I really hope that we get it today as I can't wait another day!

VR 10
PS 11
BS 12
matches my practice scores exactly

Last edited:
First MCAT (August 2007)
PS: 9
VR: 7
BS: 8
WS: N

AAMC Average:
PS: 10-11
VR: 9-10
BS: 10-11

Predicted:
PS: 10
VR:9
BS: 12

Actual (August 15)
PS: 9
VR: 11
BS: 11
WS: N

P: 12
V: 12
W: S
B: 13

37S... good, but the programs I've been looking at are averaging higher than that. Has anyone done well and retaken it? Did you go up or down? I was averaging ~14 on the verbal, so I'm surprised I lost so many points there this time -- but I'm scared to take it again and go down. Anyone?

Oh and I took the 8am as well -- so mine just got posted.

Members don't see this ad :)
P: 12
V: 12
W: S
B: 13

37S... good, but the programs I've been looking at are averaging higher than that. Has anyone done well and retaken it? Did you go up or down? I was averaging ~14 on the verbal, so I'm surprised I lost so many points there this time -- but I'm scared to take it again and go down. Anyone?

Oh and I took the 8am as well -- so mine just got posted.

It wouldn't be wise to take that again. You have an EXCELLENT score. Just because the programs you are looking at are averaging higher, doesn't knock a score like that out of the running.

Practice Average:
PS: 13-14
VR: 11-13
BS: 12-14
Predicted:
VR: 13

Actual (August 15)
PS: 12
WS: P
36P

Bio was my major. Haven't scored that low since the 1st practice exam after the diagnostic. Its a good mark, but I was hoping to do better.

Thanks. I hope so. I don't feel good about the 8 - just one of those days with PS...:confused:

Anyway, congrats to everyone else, and best of luck to anyone who may need a retake (myself included).
Well...It depends on a lot of factors (what schools you're applying to, your practice scores, etc.) But, that 8 shouldn't kill your chances at med school!

Practice Average:
PS: 13-14
VR: 11-13
BS: 12-14
Predicted:

Actual (August 15)
PS: 12
WS: P
36P

Bio was my major. Haven't scored that low since the 1st practice exam after the diagnostic. Its a good mark, but I was hoping to do better.
CONGRATS! When you're in the 35+ range, the breakdown really doesn't matter. That's a great, balanced score!

Well...It depends on a lot of factors (what schools you're applying to, your practice scores, etc.) But, that 8 shouldn't kill your chances at med school!

I'm applying to all reasonable (score-wise) places...UMDNJs (in-state), out of state places with similiar averages, GPA is ok, extra-currics ok.

I've got to go ahead and just do it and find out I guess.

Last edited:
Damn theres a lot of kick ass scores around here (and only on SDN would someone be contemplating retaking a 37). Can you taste the blood yet? Future doctors in this thread.

VR-11-dint even try to study for this:)
PS-08-This is the section I studied the most for:(
BS-11
WS-M-Dont know what to think of it? Does it matter?

VR-11-dint even try to study for this:)
PS-08-This is the section I studied the most for:(
BS-11
WS-M-Dont know what to think of it? Does it matter?
Don't worry about that "M". It's the least important factor in your scores. The rest looks good. :)

last time (april 19 i beleive)

vr 9
bs 11
ps 12
ws q

this time

vr 10
bs 12
ps 13
ws S

so i improved on all, yay i have a shot at where i want!

Average AAMC Practice (5, 6, 8, 9, 10)
PS 10
VR 11
BS 10

Predicted Score
PS 10
VR 11
BS 11

Actual Score (2 PM)
PS 9
VR 12
BS 10
31N

I scored a 31 on my last 4 AAMC practice tests, so I didn't really have any wild expectations. Although, I did feel like I was making some real progress in the last couple weeks before the test and thought I could score higher on the big day. I can't really complain because I know a lot of people would be ecstatic with that score. But it's hard for me not to imagine what could have been.

And I don't know what to think about that N. I wasn't pleased with what I wrote, and I usually write pure crap in all timed writing situations. It's just really strange because I consider myself a pretty strong writer. Anyway, I WS doesn't matter much, but it still ticks me off.

First MCAT last August:

VR- 07
PS-10
BS-10
WS-P

27P

August 15 2008 MCAT:

VR-09
PS-12
BS-10
WS-Q

31Q

Good enough?

VS: 11
WS: R

32R (first timer)

do you think this will help with my 3.5 undergrad gpa and 3.4 BCPM

VR: 11
WR: Q

*32Q*

So close to getting <10 on some of these. I think I'm happy. I'm kind of in shock from the wait and score being up.

Practice Averages
PS - 13
VR - 12
BS - 13

Predicted
PS - 13
VR - 13
BS - 13

Actual
PS - 14
VR - 11
BS - 12
37Q

About the same as my averages although I was hoping to go up and not down. Would've been much happier if the VR/BS scores were each one point higher.

would y'all mind posting your average practice test score along with your actual score? and also whether you took the am or pm exam

Thank you Lord Father!! Good luck & congrats to everyone!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
I´ve been in Spain for some time now. And I was able to forget about the test for a long long while. Then I started checking incessantly for a few days. Thank god it´s over.

Vr - 10
Ps - 11
Bs - 12
Q

33Q, probably not worth retaking but my GPA is at 3.4 (although the 2nd two years were probably closer to 3.6 or 3.7.)

I´m not looking for validation or anything, just curious if you think it´s worth retaking. I was scoring 34-38 on the last few practice tests I had taken.

que todos les vayan bien

I´ve been in Spain for some time now. And I was able to forget about the test for a long long while. Then I started checking incessantly for a few days. Thank god it´s over.

Vr - 10
Ps - 11
Bs - 12
Q

33Q, probably not worth retaking but my GPA is at 3.4 (although the 2nd two years were probably closer to 3.6 or 3.7.)

I´m not looking for validation or anything, just curious if you think it´s worth retaking. I was scoring 34-38 on the last few practice tests I had taken.

que todos les vayan bien
I don't think it's worth retaking. Great score...Congrats!

AAMCs:
#5 33
#6 35
#7 31
#8 31
#9 34
#10 35
Average 33
Actual:
2pm 33