August 18th Score Release Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sswang00

MS4
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's with me?

Members don't see this ad.

Me too. U guys are sure it's tomorrow? Or is it next Weds...I'd rather find out sooner than later. And oh yes, I want to crap my pants.

I'm freaking out more than a little bit myself, although I'm not totally sure if tomorrow's the day... I took my exam on July 28th, how do you guys know if it's this week?

Members don't see this ad :)
not sure actually, but i took mine the 26th and a friend who took his a week before got his last wednesday...and from what i understand scores are always released every third wednesday.

yikes.

Took mine the 24th... I'm pretty freaked out about tomorrow. Made about 230 on UWSA2 and am really really really hoping to match that. But the test was extremely hard - i felt like the actual USMLE was equally as hard as blocks of 46 UW questions. So honestly, I am expecting something a little lower then 230. But we'll see I guess!

I m confused.. I took my test on July 31.. would I be getting my score tommorow? Its 3 wednesdays later (2.5 weeks)..?

Took mine the 24th... I'm pretty freaked out about tomorrow. Made about 230 on UWSA2 and am really really really hoping to match that. But the test was extremely hard - i felt like the actual USMLE was equally as hard as blocks of 46 UW questions. So honestly, I am expecting something a little lower then 230. But we'll see I guess!

I took mine on the 24th as well and definitely agree that it was not as easy exam. Nothing like NBME 7, which I felt like had a lot more gimmes.

Do you guys still have your admission ticket showing up when you log on to the NBME website?

I m confused.. I took my test on July 31.. would I be getting my score tommorow? Its 3 wednesdays later (2.5 weeks)..?
i remember reading somewhere on here that the cycle ends on friday, so if you took it on saturday you get it on the 4th wednesday after your exam, not 100% sure though, good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Scores
UWSA1- 234 - 3 weeks before test
UWSA2- 240 - 2 weeks before test
NBME7 - 251 - 1 week before test

Real Deal - 242/99
My original goal was getting a 2 digit score of 99, but I secretly wanted over a 240

Definitely satisfied :D
Couldn't have done it without the help and support from this forum
(and God of course)

Last edited:
Just got my report!

NBME 1 - a month before school was out: 192
UWSA 1 - the day after school was out, 7 weeks from the test: 192 (had a horrible headache during the whole thing and couldn’t focus at all… going back through the test, I should have gotten higher score if I had performed well)
COMSAE A - 6 weeks before the test: 514
COMSAE B - 3 weeks before COMLEX: 578
UWSA2 - a week before the USMLE: 230 (Oh man how I would LOVE this score on the real thing!)

My realistic goal going into this whole thing was a 230. My "dream goal", obviously higher, was a 240.....

Score report today: 234/99!!! So happy!

it will be nice if folks getting their scores also post in the official thread since thats what next years students will most likely be reading, looks like every week has its own thread now which kinda takes away from the official thread

yeah, I was thinking the same kryptik.
I dont get this business of every week a new thread.
I mean I get it for the 14th of July it was a major release date...but neva mind.

Yea you guys are right. I was actually planning on making a more detailed post in the official thread with my study plan and experience.
This thread is more so for us to bitch and worry before we get our scores..and moral support lol

i remember reading somewhere on here that the cycle ends on friday, so if you took it on saturday you get it on the 4th wednesday after your exam, not 100% sure though, good luck

So if I wrote on a Tuesday, that means the first Wednesday after (i.e. the day after I wrote it) wouldn't count as the first Wednesday? So I would have to wait 3 weeks + 1 day?

So if I wrote on a Tuesday, that means the first Wednesday after (i.e. the day after I wrote it) wouldn't count as the first Wednesday? So I would have to wait 3 weeks + 1 day?
Yes that is right. For instance, I got the exam tuesday, 3 aug .I expect that the result will release this Wednesday, 25 Aug.

So I seem to be able to re-apply, does that I mean basically failed? =( The print permit thing is gone, and the request documents thing appeared/changed.

So I seem to be able to re-apply, does that I mean basically failed? =( The print permit thing is gone, and the request documents thing appeared/changed.

It doesn't necessarily mean that you have failed the test. When is your expected score release date?

Today...but I haven't gotten the e-mail yet =S Has anyone else gotten their scores yet?

I just looked at mine!! I took the test August 9th, so if you took it around then you should expect a score soon!! GOOD LUCK and don't worry you most likely did amazing on it! Congrats on getting it done.

I wanted a 240+ but got a 232/99 and while I am still happy, I don't know where this leaves me in terms of competitiveness. If anyone has input, let me know.

I just looked at mine!! I took the test August 9th, so if you took it around then you should expect a score soon!! GOOD LUCK and don't worry you most likely did amazing on it! Congrats on getting it done.

I wanted a 240+ but got a 232/99 and while I am still happy, I don't know where this leaves me in terms of competitiveness. If anyone has input, let me know.

Congrats. That a great score. Can you tell me a little about your performance on NBMEs and UWSAs if any? Thanks.