August 1st, 2009 DEADLINE, what does this mean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Transformers

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what the August 1st, 2009 deadline meant for the primaries?
Im just glancing as I filter the school by deadline, but im shocked that August 1st is the deadline.

Does that mean we have to SUBMIT by then? Am I wasting my time if I send my primaries NOW to schools I was planning on applying to such as Yale and Vanderbilt...dammmn im a bit pissed because i feel like im applying late.

Also, Im worried that my MCAT scores wont come until August 4th, but since I know I bombed the verbal section, I plan on requesting some of these August 1st, 2009 schools to wait out until my September 15th mcat scores...is that too late?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure the August deadline is for early decision people. Someone should correct me if I am wrong, but most schools have primary deadlines in october or november for regular people.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure the August deadline is for early decision people. Someone should correct me if I am wrong, but most schools have primary deadlines in october or november for regular people.
:thumbup: ditto.

OP, you may also want to post where you saw this "deadline" notice so we can give contextual responses.

Yeah, that's gotta be an EDP deadline; no school has that as their deadline for regular decision. However, even if you're not applying EDP, you'd be smart to get your primary in ASAP.

OP, I'd submit my primary ASAP if I were you. The deadline isn't actually until much later - November etc, but you need to have this submitted as soon as you can. Don't compromise quality though.