August 2004 Writing Sample Prompts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thegenius

Senior Wharf Rat
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our Kaplan instructor informed us that they are all online. The actual prompts for the 2004 August test. I tried finding them on the aamc.org website but to no avail.

Can someone post the link if they know where they are?

Members don't see this ad.

Haha, that's probably not true. Most likely they are practice ones for August adminstration. What would be the point of a timed essay if AAMC released the prompts ahead of time so test takers can commit an essay to memory and spit it out?

Pinkertinkle said:
Haha, that's probably not true. Most likely they are practice ones for August adminstration. What would be the point of a timed essay if AAMC released the prompts ahead of time so test takers can commit an essay to memory and spit it out?

I thought it was incredulous too - and I asked the Kaplan proctor if they are actually releasing the specific prompts for August 2004 and he repeated a yes.

I wish Mickelson won the British Open today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Our TPR instructors told us to get a good look at some of those sample prompts, because it is highly likely that something very similar will come up. I haven't even glanced at it, but I know there must be many of them; so good luck trying to memorize them all! I'd rather not waste my time with it.

I mean, they're all pretty much the same anyway. I think if you can follow the directions there's no need to stress over it. I've heard that the people who do bad on the writing sample are mainly people who wrote an ok essay and just didn't follow the directions.