August 21, 2014 MCAT Poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nugang

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Poll above

Members don't see this ad.

PS was definitely the most challenging... verbal didn't seem hard, just frustrating and ambiguous

PS/BS were not too different from what was expected, but I thought VR was rough. I didn't have enough time to review through all of my verbal answers, maybe that's why it's the section I feel most uncertain about.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol at 19% of people thinking they got 35+.....considering thats only like 3% of test takers
Might have something to do with... I dunno.. the sample size?

2 people voted they got 35+. The chances 2 regulars on SDN got a 35+ on any given MCAT is probably close to 100%.

Food for thought ;)

Might have something to do with... I dunno.. the sample size?

2 people voted they got 35+. The chances 2 regulars on SDN got a 35+ on any given MCAT is probably close to 100%.

Food for thought ;)
Hahah I saw the sample size after. Just struck me as as such a typical SDN thing

If you check out our official thread, we have more high scorers on AAMCs than is typical. I averaged 38, but am expecting between 30 and 34.
Hopefully this makes for a generous curve, I can't believe it's only been 6 days it feels like forever ago

There is no "curve" for MCAT, it's PRE-scaled. I think SDN should make a sticky note on this issue!

True, but in terms of how the exam is scored, you can use "scale" and "curve" interchangeably. The exam itself is definitely curved. It's just not curved in the traditional sense, i.e. based on how other people did on the same test date. Rather, it's curved based on how past people did when those questions were experimental. But yeah it's still a curved exam.

Reactions: 1 user