August 24th MCAT, Late August-Early September Secondaries...How Late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kyu516

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm a college graduate applying to med school this cycle. I got my AMCAS submitted 7/6, but have yet to take my MCAT (taking it on 8/24). I'm not planning on doing anything else but MCAT study for this month, and then working on secondary responses after the exam. I already got 4 secondaries, and I'm applying to 17 schools total...so I'm guessing it'll take me about 2 weeks(?) to prepare all my secondary essay responses (since SDN has all the secondary prompts available).

My GPA was a 3.50/3.38 from college, which I bumped up to a 3.59/3.49 after two semesters of upper level bio post-bacc classes.

I'm just wondering how late in the cycle will I be? I'm estimating that my app will be completed by the end of September, since the 8/24 MCAT results will come out around 9/28.

Any opinions will help. Thanks :)

From what I've read it may be difficult to clinch an acceptance since you are applying late with a low gpa.

But It would be hypocritical for me to discourage you as I am also taking the MCAT relatively late (july 29), though I have a nearly perfect GPA