Jul 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
So there's a few weeks left till the big day, and I still feel like I'm not where I want to be. I've taken 3 Kaplan FL's and have scored 505-501-502, and 2 EK Fls (1 & 3) with 67% and 62% respectively. There seems to be no consistency with my sections, besides a consistent ~50% on che/phy. CARS has been ~60-65% on EK and anywhere from 127-125 on Kaplan. Biology is usually 75% + but dipped to 60's on this last EK. And my soc/ psy has been slightly improving.
I do not want to take this test twice, but i'm not confident that I'm making any progress based off my FLs. My biggest problem is with my timing, I have yet to finish a che/phy section without randomly filling in the last 5 or so questions (while ripping through the last 20 questions also), and usually the same with CARS. I've been trying to improve my close reading skills, but it's extremely difficult for me to stay clear headed and focused throughout the exam, especially so with my ADD. When I review the tests I usually find about half of what I got wrong wasn't because I didn't know the answer, it was just that I couldn't fully understand the experiments from a single reading. Does anybody have advice that would help me?
I want a 510+ on the MCAT, should I postpone to the September 10th date??

bigindian4891

7+ Year Member
May 20, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Two things. Have you taken that AAMC tests yet, especially the scored?

And second, most importantly, you should absolutely not take the test until you are ready. Based on this, I do think you are mentally prepared to take the MCAT in a few weeks.

OP
S
Jul 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I haven't taken the AAMC scored tests yet, no... " I do think ".. typo? or you do think my scores are decent enough?

bigindian4891

7+ Year Member
May 20, 2010
Status
Medical Student
I haven't taken the AAMC scored tests yet, no... " I do think ".. typo? or you do think my scores are decent enough?
Wow, thats quite the typo. Yes, I meant I do NOT think you are ready. A lot of it is the mental game, and its hard to do well without it. I would move on to other full lengths, I would suggest NextStep. Do one or two of those this week, and youll have a much better idea of where you stand versus Kaplan. If you do poorly (less than 503), duck out since its unlikely youll hit your target score. Keep your chin up, lets take it one day at a time.