August 3rd MCAT too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smile2096

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the June 21st MCAT, but I ended up voiding the exam because I did not feel the same amount of confidence as I did after taking my practice exams (basically chickened out). I just submitted my primary application, will take the MCAT on August 3rd, and finish all (or most) of my secondaries in the wait period in the hopes of having a completed application by September 5th when my scores come out. Or by September 10th at the latest. I have some excellent E.C.s, two publications, 3.86 GPA, and I hope to get an MCAT score in the mid 30s. Am I too late to apply this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I took the June 21st MCAT, but I ended up voiding the exam because I did not feel the same amount of confidence as I did after taking my practice exams (basically chickened out). I just submitted my primary application, will take the MCAT on August 3rd, and finish all (or most) of my secondaries in the wait period in the hopes of having a completed application by September 5th when my scores come out. Or by September 10th at the latest. I have some excellent E.C.s, two publications, 3.86 GPA, and I hope to get an MCAT score in the mid 30s. Am I too late to apply this cycle?
You can still apply. It will be rather late, though. Also, how do you know that in August you will do well enough or not void it? This is why people applying to med school usually do the MCAT the last semester of Junior year or right at the beginning of the summer betw. junior and senior year.