Jul 5, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi guys! This is my first post after being a lurker for a bit. I am taking my exam August 5th, and wanting to score 510+. I've been studying since mid-may, and here are my scores so far.

NS Diagnostic: 501
Kaplan Diagnostic: 496
(Both taken 1 week into studying)
NS1: 506
NS2: 503
NS3: 505
NS4: 503
EK1: 62%
EK2: 60%
Bio 1 Qpack: 70%
Bio 2 Qpack: 80%
AAMC Unscored: 74%
NS5: 508
NS6: 504
CARS 1 Qpack: 70%
NS7: 505
B/B Section bank: 66%
P/S Section bank: 55% (was in a rush to go to a wedding so spent 1 min per question...)
NS10: 504
C/P Section Bank: 59%

Right now I'm doing the Chem section bank and taking the next couple of days to review the other section banks and possibly do the chem Q pack as well. I plan on taking the scored exam this Friday. I'm a little bit nervous haha to be truthful, but I feel like I've been doing a lot of good work. If you need section scores, I would be happy to post those as well. Please, let me know how it looks so far! Thank you so much.

Last edited:

neurodjent

2+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Hi guys! This is my first post after being a lurker for a bit. I am taking my exam August 5th, and wanting to score 510+. I've been studying since mid-may, and here are my scores so far.

NS Diagnostic: 501
Kaplan Diagnostic: 496
(Both taken 1 week into studying)
NS1: 506
NS2: 503
NS3: 505
NS4: 503
EK1: 62%
EK2: 60%
Bio 1 Qpack: 70%
Bio 2 Qpack: 80%
AAMC Unscored: 74%
NS5: 508
NS6: 504
CARS 1 Qpack: 70%
NS7: 505
B/B Section bank: 66%
P/S section bank: 55% (was in a rush to go to a wedding so spent 1 min per question...)
NS10: 504

Right now I'm doing the Chem section bank and taking the next couple of days to review the other section banks and possibly do the chem Q pack as well. I plan on taking the scored exam this Friday. I'm a little bit nervous haha to be truthful, but I feel like I've been doing a lot of good work. If you need section scores, I would be happy to post those as well. Please, let me know how it looks so far! Thank you so much.
Looks like you have a great shot of getting 510+. Make sure to hit your weak areas hard in the next week and take the AAMC scored. I believe that FL is the best predictor of how well you'll do on test day. Keep up the hard work!

Reactions: Roayer
OP
P
Jul 5, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Looks like you have a great shot of getting 510+. Make sure to hit your weak areas hard in the next week and take the AAMC scored. I believe that FL is the best predictor of how well you'll do on test day. Keep up the hard work!
Thank you!! I sincerely appreciate the words of encouragement. I've noticed the majority of questions I tend to miss are from the passage-based reading and not so much discrete. Mostly experimental sections become my weak-point. I plan on updating this after Friday- once the scored is finished. Do you recommend taking next week to keep hard studying or more of a relaxed approached coming up towards the exam?

neurodjent

2+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Thank you!! I sincerely appreciate the words of encouragement. I've noticed the majority of questions I tend to miss are from the passage-based reading and not so much discrete. Mostly experimental sections become my weak-point. I plan on updating this after Friday- once the scored is finished. Do you recommend taking next week to keep hard studying or more of a relaxed approached coming up towards the exam?
I know exactly what you mean, I'm weaker in the experimental analysis than the content questions but I think that's common. There's a point on this test where no matter how much you know, you can't find the answer unless you can get through the experiment. Keep working hard and you'll get it. I recommend that you study as hard as you can without burning out coming up to the exam. I will be studying very lightly the week of my exam and no studying the day before. Making sure you're well-rested and attentive on test day is very important. I wish you the best of luck!

OP
P
Jul 5, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I know exactly what you mean, I'm weaker in the experimental analysis than the content questions but I think that's common. There's a point on this test where no matter how much you know, you can't find the answer unless you can get through the experiment. Keep working hard and you'll get it. I recommend that you study as hard as you can without burning out coming up to the exam. I will be studying very lightly the week of my exam and no studying the day before. Making sure you're well-rested and attentive on test day is very important. I wish you the best of luck!
Yeah, I've noticed that sometimes the experimental passages just feel near impossible haha. Maybe it's because of the testing companies I'm using, or maybe it's just how I'm interpreting these data. Thank you, I wish you the best as well!

Dec 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I'd do EK4 if you need some tough experimental questions and like @neurodjent said keep working on your weak areas and take the AAMC Scored as your last FL.

dontforgetxx

7+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm confused. I thought section banks only existed for Biochem/Psych/Soc, and that there were Question Packs for Chem, Phys, CARS 1/2, Bio 1/2 (each with 120 questions each). What are Chem section banks?

Eleithyia

2+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2015
Status
Medical Student
The three section banks are (1) chem/phys, (2) bio/biochem, and (3) psych/soc--like the sections of the test, minus CARS. I'd assume OP was referring to the C/P section bank when they said "chem."