August 6th MCAT Score Countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jamilla_w

We are next people.

How is everyone feeling about the exam now that we have seen a few more MCATs given and the July 24th score?

I am feeling a little optimistic after seeing today's scores but I think that our PS was harder than other people seem to... not good for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing... oh well, just keep bumping this thread. We'll be dwarfed by the August 9th thread once they release. Have a good weekend everyone!

Less than 72 hours left... Do Canadians have some form of Labor Day tomorrow or is it just another Monday?

Members don't see this ad :)
Of all the sorry weekends to have a long weekend... They are just messing with us now.

lol. Well at least it's better than the scores being released on Friday and getting a disappointing score... now that would really ruin the three day weekend.

Not to mention a popular highway in Ontario is named "Queen Elizabeth Way". :) I love visiting Canada every year.

If there were a delay in the score release, would they have told us by now? My birthday is on Saturday... I hope it doesn't get ruined by the score release. :scared:

man, this waiting is KILLING ME. has AAMC ever released earlier than expected? 48hours left!!!

man, this waiting is KILLING ME. has AAMC ever released earlier than expected? 48hours left!!!

I think I remember they released the last set of marks an hour or two early.. but then the one before was a day late. So it's anyones guess! :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
48 nerve wracking hours... :scared:

Its strange, I part of me is dying to know how I did, and the rest of me just believes ignorance is bliss.

btw did anyone get a passage about a a cartesian diver in a bottle on their MCAT?

Of my friends, I seem to be the only one that got that passage... and it completely destroyed me...

Its strange, I part of me is dying to know how I did, and the rest of me just believes ignorance is bliss.

btw did anyone get a passage about a a cartesian diver in a bottle on their MCAT?

Of my friends, I seem to be the only one that got that passage... and it completely destroyed me...

Yes, that passage was awful. There was only one passage on the whole PS section that I felt was "easy." Usually there were 3 or 4 on the AAMC practice exams.

I started out really wanting to know my score but have happily settled into the "ignorance is bliss" category...

Yes, that passage was awful. There was only one passage on the whole PS section that I felt was "easy." Usually there were 3 or 4 on the AAMC practice exams.

I started out really wanting to know my score but have happily settled into the "ignorance is bliss" category...

I'm in the GIVE ME MY SCORE NOW category. I want to know if I am likely to go to med school this year... Hopefully they will be nice and give us our scores tomorrow. I mean they are probably all ready to go. They wouldn't leave stuff to be done over a 3 day weekend with only 1 day to finish.

I'm in the GIVE ME MY SCORE NOW category. I want to know if I am likely to go to med school this year... Hopefully they will be nice and give us our scores tomorrow. I mean they are probably all ready to go. They wouldn't leave stuff to be done over a 3 day weekend with only 1 day to finish.

I used to agree with you but I don't really want my score anymore. I'm still kicking myself for not voiding... I thought that it would be too risky since I might not to get another exam date. It turns out that there were a few spots open and the exam on the 16th went much better for me... oh well.

does anyone have playing in their head 'The Final Countdown' by Europe....

*recalls 80's hairband/glam rock in the extreme*:horns:

Good luck everyone. To the people who don't do as well as they want- don't despair. You still have time to sign up for the 9/16 exam.

Agreed about ignorance is bliss. I don't want a repeat of last time.

I had the cartesian diver passage. I think it owned me. It made me wish I paid more attention in high school physics. I swear we had a lab on cartesian divers then.

One DAY Left!

I noticed that my hair is starting to turn grey, at least its not falling out hu?
:D

I think I remember they released the last set of marks an hour or two early.. but then the one before was a day late. So it's anyones guess! :scared:

Do you mean an hour or two before 5 PM the day of?

Do you mean an hour or two before 5 PM the day of?

Yeah, that's what I seem to remember. If you're so inclined, look up the July 24th countdown thread and see when the first "scores are up" post was made.

I think they were released between 2 and 3PM EDT on July 6 for the 5/31 exam.

That was a pretty crappy hour.

It's kind of funny that the mods here are super strict about discussing MCAT specifics... but on the e-mcat discussion board, there are specific Q's and A's posted. lol.

i actually had a dream last night that i scored a 35...lets just hope i score within a +/- 10 of that dreams score.

yeah, its been a long 3 months of agonizing over this damn mcat thing. we're on the home stretch!!!,

23 hours!!! Haha, I am going to have to check my score while I'm in one of my Comp. Sci. classes. It'll be funny if I get a great score and yelp during class...

But I have a really bad feeling about this one... like, low 20's. I'm serious. And usually when I think I do bad on tests, I DO do bad on tests... Grrrrr

23 hours!!! Haha, I am going to have to check my score while I'm in one of my Comp. Sci. classes. It'll be funny if I get a great score and yelp during class...

But I have a really bad feeling about this one... like, low 20's. I'm serious. And usually when I think I do bad on tests, I DO do bad on tests... Grrrrr

Sorry. Hopefully it goes better than you think. How accurate were you at predicting your score on practice exams?

Fairly accurate. Within ~2 points usually. But we'll see... I guess I'm really nervous about it because it is the real thing and am just dreading taking it again.

Yeah, I was always within 2 points as well (unfortunately). Would you sign up for the 9/16 exam if you don't do as well as you want? Have you been studying?

No, I'll wait until the Fall '09 session to apply again and plan to take the MCAT in May of '08. I've never taken physics before (even in HS) and will have both of those semesters completed by that time.

Although, all my studying for the MCAT physics is making college physics a breeze! I love already knowing stuff as the teacher is teaching it. Wuahaha

No, I'll wait until the Fall '09 session to apply again and plan to take the MCAT in May of '08. I've never taken physics before (even in HS) and will have both of those semesters completed by that time.

Although, all my studying for the MCAT physics is making college physics a breeze! I love already knowing stuff as the teacher is teaching it. Wuahaha

OMG, that must have been super tough- especially if you got one of the physics heavy forms. You surely would do better after you take physics.

I just got an email from a school that I applied to and they said that "Congrats - your application is complete!" How is this possible, considering that my MCAT comes out tomorrow? Do they know what it is before I do? Can I call them and find out what it is?

I just got an email from a school that I applied to and they said that "Congrats - your application is complete!" How is this possible, considering that my MCAT comes out tomorrow? Do they know what it is before I do? Can I call them and find out what it is?

Weird. Did you check AMCAS to see if your score is loaded?

I know mine isn't up yet. Maybe they just know that it is supposed to be up tomorrow, so they said you're complete. I doubt they have the score before you do. Even if they did, it's after 5PM in all time zones, so you won't reach a real person if you did call. Chillax! You'll get the score soon enough.

Ok guys here is the deal, I need some help. I have no clue how I am going to get any sleep tonight. I justed noticed a nice round circle where I have worn out the carpet in my living room from pacing.

Any suggestions would be helpful?

:sleep: - I wish : More like :eek: