August 9th MCAT scheduled...Too late to schedule a retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBTS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any input/experience with scheduling in a September 7-11 test date in mid August? My test is on 8/9 and I read that there is a two day buffer period before you can register again - I'm looking into scheduling a retake but I'm afraid that vacancies will be filled by the 8/11.

I really dont want to study right after my test on 8/9 in vain waiting and checking in daily for openings if worst comes to worst no openings are usually to be found by september.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Considering you won't know if the testing location in your area is full until you sign up, you have to make one of two possible decisions;
1. Scratch the august 9th and just reschedule for the September one now and prep really well for that.
or
2. Be confident in your studying! You have over 2 weeks left. I'm also taking the 8/9 and i'm not 100% pleased with my practice exams. However, I'm going to study my ass off for the next two weeks and hope to get my target score.

It all depends on how well you have prepared up till now. Even if you think you might do well on 8/9 i'd say go for it and if you don't think you did so hot sign up for a september one. Maybe it will be a few hour drive away, but you'll be able to find an open seat.

yeah I'm definitely taking the 8/9 barring extenuating circumstances. Just want to know the likelihood of finding open seats given that I wont be able to register until 8/11