August MCAT and interviews

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by wes c. adle, Oct 30, 2001.

1. wes c. adle

wes c. adle Member

I wonder if anyone already receiving interview invitations can help me out. I took the August MCAT and did okay (10, 10, 9) and have a 3.8 GPA. I was given an interview at my state school before I received my MCATs. I would like to think that I'll be given a few more interviews, so my question is this: 1) When do you think I can expect to hear from schools regarding the status of my application (ie, interview, decline, etc.)? and 2) How far in advance are most schools booked with interviews at this point? Am I looking at most of my interviews after the new year?
    Thanks guys.

nycegurl likes this.
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jargon124

jargon124 Senior Member

I'm in the same boat you are as far as Aug MCAT, only interview at my state school (before my scores had even arrived), and waiting/hoping for more interviews. I really think that in the next 2-3 weeks we will start hearing from schools. That means interviews in early December are possible, but January is more likely. I hope we are not too far behind in this game!

Jamr0ckin and WildZoo like this.
  4. Epi

Epi Fuzzy Tiger

Medical Student
    I would say wait around a month after your application is complete before you see interview invites in the mail. dont worry, its still early in the game.

5. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper

I called some schools today and was told that new MCAT scores are scheduled to arrive in one week. The lady who told me this said she was doubtful this would happen. So, if it does take a week...I would count on interview invitations arriving in mid to late November, perhaps earlier if you faxed or emailed scores.

touchpause13 likes this.
  6. jargon124

jargon124 Senior Member

Swamp,

I'm not sure that's completely accurate - UPenn status check indicates that my Aug scores have been received. I suspect that it will vary by school...

7. THE instiGATOR

Yeah, I'm sure it does vary from school to school. Maybe UPenn can access the scores electronically. I've heard most can't and are waiting for scores via snail mail. So, the snail will arrive in about a week...according to the lady at Albert Einstein. She said not to fax or email the scores. They are only taking official ones.

8. jargon124

jargon124 Senior Member

Let me get this straight Swamp. They are actually gonna mail the scores to all the schools? (Even the AMCAS schools?) What exactly gets mailed? Is it just the scores or is the AMCAS app included?

You would think that for AMCAS schools they would just add the official scores to our AMCAS applications and then just send an updated app. So what exactly goes on? Anyone out there who applied last year with the August exam that can shed some light?

DopaDO likes this.
  9. THE instiGATOR

I imagine that AMCAS will only send scores. Why ship all the other info again? Do you think AMCAS wants to spend money on postage when it doesn't have to? I don't.

I hope my mailbox becomes active soon! I'm going insane!

brigdawg521 and touchpause13 like this.
  10. freshbagels

Medical Student
    edit: replied to wrong thread (on phone)