Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

August MCAT and UC acceptances

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lola, Mar 26, 2002.

1. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

Has anyone out there taken the August MCAT and gotten into UC's? I am really hoping to get into a UC but cannot take the MCAT until August. After reading posts on this bulletin board, I've begun to think it's nearly impossible. Anyone out there have any luck with this? If so, do you mind sharing your stats and what school you went to? Thanks :p

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 2002applicant

2002applicant Junior Member

Yeap, I got into one, and still waiting for post-interview decisions from other. Good luck, you can do it.

4. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

anyone else??? :confused:

5. Hero

Hero Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    2002applicant did you send out your amcas in the beginning or did you wait till after your mcats scores were processed? Please, if you can, give a step by step summary of what you did so we can follow your footsteps.

Thanks a lot for your help.

6. ginseng

ginseng Member
    7+ Year Member

I took it in August as well, and I pretty much procrastinated with my secondaries. So far I got into UCSD, UCLA, invited to Davis but will turn it down, and waiting for UCSF for their decision. So it's possible, so good luck.

7. Jessica

Jessica Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I took the August test too and was able to get acceptance to UCLA, UCSF, and UCSD. The Aug. MCAT is not a death sentence, you might interview later but you can still get in. Good luck! :)