August MCAT - Got Stanford 2ndary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinki

Sassy Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
As an August MCAT'er with nary a peep from Stanford since I was verified in June, just want to let those also in the boat know that I got an email invite for a 2ndary today - not bragging, merely informative.

30S MCAT (11V, 8 P, 11 B), 3.3 undergrad, 3.9 post bacc, 3.5 science, old (read: over 30) applicant, non-science undergrad at decent school (Tulane), news reporter for 8 years before.

Keep at it, gang! We're at the summit!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys!
I emailed one of the Stanford Med Advisors today, and she said that if your new MCAT score was just recently uploaded (ie mine was uploaded this morning), you will probably be hearing some news by the end of the week! Good luck guys! Keep praying. ^_^

BananaSplit

For some reason, I was under the impression that Stanford screens before sending secondaries. Anyone know if this is true?

If so, does anyone know statistics on how many get a secondary app from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
thats what i wanted to know

Stanford definitely screens before it sends out its secondaries. They interview 1 out 5 applicants who turned in secondaries.

Sooooo, if you got a secondary from them, there is hope and congrats on getting so far along in their application process!

:clap:

Also AUG mcat person, received Stanford sec

undergrad gpa: 3.78
post bac gpa: 3.98
mcat: 9,9,10, R

lll505,
when was your data uploaded? i'm really not expecting a stanford secondary, but i guess i'll get some news shortly!

My amcas now says 10/15. I guess this reflects the retransmission with aug mcat, I?m really not sure. Your stats sound pretty similar to mine though so I dont see why you wouldn?t get a secondary.

Does this mean that if I get a Stanford 2ary, I won't be eliminated on the basis of numbers?? I got a 27S on the MCAT (4.0GPA), and am curious about whether I should be wasting money on secondaries for top 10 schools.

mike59,
i wonder that too... like if you barely make the cutoff for a secondary will they hardly even consider you for an interview? sometimes i think it may be better to get rejected presecondary and not waste time/money on secondary.

dang i haven't gotten a secondary from stanford yet...this blows. Maybe i'll wait a few more days before assuming the worst.

at least my cornell application is finally complete.

anyway do you guys think i have a chance at stanford?

33T, 3.56 GPA from Ivy School:mad: :mad:

I checked the Stanford website today...like I do everyday (after that UCSF fiasco) and nothing new there, but I checked my email and I got an invite for a secondary! So don't lose hope guys, the new batch is coming out this week.

My Stats:
MCAT 11VS 13PS 11BS OWR
AMCAS GPA: 3.53 (a bit low, but the improvement curve is quite good from FR 2.8 to SO 3.73 to JR 3.88)
Undergrad: U.C. Berkeley (Go Bears!)

BananaSplit

anyone receive a rejection letter who was an august mcat taker? i'm still waiting...

I don't know about you but I was an April mcater and sent in my secondary, and a week later I got a rejection and it was post marked the date after my check was cashed. That's just me, I'm venting and maybe you'll have better luck. I just wish the just cut me presecondary before they took my money and ran.

Does anybody know if the school will notify you of an interview before their specified timeline (6-8 weeks) <-- hehe, I feel like I'm waiting for a rebate check. Eh...I suppose I ought to be more patient.

bananasplit,
i was an august mcater and never got a secondary! i can't believe you are impatient about an interview! aaaaaah! wehre is my secondary or rejection?

Hi lola,

Perhaps you should email Pat Perez. She is Stanford's Admissions Advisor (I'm not sure what that means). Anyhow, I emailed her a while back asking about the status of my application and she was very prompt about giving me an answer. She said that I would get some sort of response from the school by the end of the week, and if I didn't, I should email her again. Give it a try, she seems like a very nice person. Good luck!

BananaSplit

Oh, regarding the above message. I was emailing to check on when/if I was going to get notified of a secondary "invitation"

hey i also didn't recieve my secondary...WTF...what is that lady's email again...the person you should contact at stanford?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

From the admissions website:

MD Admissions Directory

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not send the same inquiry to multiple e-mail addresses.

For general inquiries regarding MD admissions to the School of Medicine:
Stanford University School of Medicine
MD Admissions
251 Campus Drive, MSOB 341
Stanford, CA 94305
phone: (650) 723-6861
fax: (650) 725-7855
email: [email protected]

Patricia A. P?rez
MD Admissions Counselor
email: [email protected]

Juhn Verano