August MCAT -- Interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any August MCATers have received interviews yet... the wait is killing me!

Members don't see this ad.

no freaking way in hell. The schools don't have the scores yet, so you can really start worrying about the middle of November (they get them this or next week, plus time req. to evaluate your file). Just my expert opinion.

i took the august mcat, and have had one interview, but I think it was a special situation. It was my state school, and I had received an interview invitation from them earlier, but they realized it was a mistake at the last minute because they didnt have my august scores. So the guy said that as soon as I got my august scores I could fax them to them, and they would give me an interview as soon as they could. I'm thinking middle of november too. Are any of youguys faxing your scores to schools, or are you just waiting for them to show up on the amcas?

Members don't see this ad :)
Texas schools received August MCAT scores on Thursday, I got an invitation from UT-Houston Friday. :)

I faxed my Aug scores to my two state schools the day I got them. UK offerred me an interview the very same day, lol. I already had an interview set up at the other school, but I faxed them anyway so they would have a new set to look at. I had taken the April one, so it wasn't like they didn't have any on record, but I wanted them to have the new ones.
Good luck and hold in there for the waiting!

Hi all,

I got my Aug MCAT scores back 3 weeks ago (my only scores) and they showed up on my app last week. If your scores are not on your app yet I would call AMCAS.

I have only had 1 interview so far, but it doesnt really count since it is from my state school and they interview literally everyone so they invited me even before I got my scores.

I am getting worried that I haven't heard from any other schools yet, but I have to agree with the "lady in red" - it's still too early. Hopefully the next few weeks will bring good news. I am so tired of waiting!

Sorry, I meant to say I got my scores back 2 weeks ago...

By the way, I did choose to mail a copy of my score report to all my schools...probably unnecessary but iI did it anyway.

No interviews here. I faxed my scores to 4 of the 16 schools that have my secondary. Waiting.....nothing new.

i got an interview invitation to Mt. Sinai before the scores even came out. But I had taken it previously. Other than that, I haven't heard anything.

I had an interview at UT-Houston without receiving my August MCAT scores. I had the interview on the 17th, I received my MCAT scores on the 18th. UT-Houston received my test scores on the 23rd.

not a single invitation yet. Though I only sent out my letters of recc the beginning of last week.

Any August MCAT non-Cali residents get a secondary to a UC school?

Ahhhhh, another day with nothing in the mail except junk and bills. No good email either. I need to stop being so anal about checking my mail. I know it's too early still for us August MCATers, but this wait is brutal!

I am being anal about mails too. I check it twice a day :( However, after series of rejection letters, I am beginning to think no letter the better. All my interview invites came through email or phone.

Sorry, wrong board. I am an April MCATer.

I'd say it takes the committee about 3 weeks from date of application complete before they made a decision on an interview or not.

Hooray! I took the august mcat, and I just got an interview invitation from Southwestern. I went on their website and they had my august scores and everything. This is through the texas medical app service, so I dont know if that means anything. But it is definately a legit interview. I am not a resident of texas, and I just applied there normally without any other outside or wierd correspondance, the interview invite showed up in my mailbox. Hopefully this is a sign that things are going to get moving pretty fast in the next few weeks. Good luck to everyone!

yay!! I took the August MCAT as well, and I just got an interview for Pritzker. :) me so happy!

Faxed my scores to the Medical College of Wisconsin two sundays (10/21) ago and got an invitation from them yesterday.
Still waiting on UW-Madison.