August MCAT Scores for D.O. Applicants

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by jmanwaring, Oct 4, 2002.

1. jmanwaring

jmanwaring VH Superfan

I was just wondering if any of you future DO's got your MCAT scores back today. Maybe we can put together a list of the kind of scores we're looking at this year. I was kind of disappointed in verbal, but pleased with the rest. Feel free to add to this. Also, any April test takers applying for 2003 add your scores, too.

9B, 9P, 7V, N.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. spanky

spanky Member

Hi J-man:

I got my scores back today 9V, 9P, 10B, O-writing. I've applied to Michigan and NSUCOM and have a 3.2 cum-gpa and 3.9 BCPM. What schools is everyone applying to? Since I'm not a resident of FL or MI, what stats to non-residents need to get in?

4. cdreed

cdreed Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hi! I will be interviewing at AZCOM on the 18th of Oct with the following scores:

10V, 8P, 8B, O

Mediocre scores but I'm hoping all of my healthcare experience will overshadow them!!

Good Luck to everyone in this stressful interview cycle.

5. hyper_74

hyper_74 Member

got my scores today: 8V, 9P, 10B, P.

my top schools that i'm looking at are AZCOM, CCOM, des moines, kansas city. my gpa is good, so hope the interview invites start coming in.

good luck to everyone
    hyper

6. NKMU

NKMU Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    11V 8P 10B Qws

Cum gpa: 3.24
    Sci gpa: horrible-- 2.75. Better in final two years, but still a couple C's. I quit pre-med in sophomore year, came back basically at very end of junior year. Guess I tried to stuff those classes in too quickly.

Good EC's
    Excellent LOR's
    Lots of med. exp.: volunteering, shadowing, full-time work as tech in cardiac intensive care unit

I know my science gpa is a blood-red flag on my application, but I think the rest is fairly strong for the 11 DO schools to which I am applying. Maybe my MCAT will slightly make up for the grades? I sure hope that reputation of "looking beyond numbers" is true.

Anybody got any anecdotes to offer; i.e., "my cousin had a 1.28 science gpa, and he still got in?" ;)

7. phil413ru

phil413ru Senior Member

Medical Student
    I improved! My April scores 7p 8V 9B Pw

New scores:
    9P, 9B 11V Qw

Hopefully this will increase my chances of acceptance--(My science GPA is 3.9--but it wouldn't make much difference with some medical schools who only look at the MCAT):eek:

8. s42brown

Attending Physician
    Hey all I have a 3.8 science GPA and have shadowed a D.O. I just started working as an emergency room tech at one of the bigger hospitals yesterday. I took the mcat in aug for the first time, and studied really hard but I had a ton of credit hours on top of that, beings it was my last semester at my undergrad. Well any way on the drive home yesterday I had a feeling I did well because I had one hell of a day in the ER and I have never wanted to be a doctor more than yesterday. In the ER we had one code blue, let me tell ya its something to see with all the people and equipment, and we also had a suicide attempt in the parking lot. Some old guy slit both sides of his neck, only hitting the external jugular so he survived. Anyway when I got home my fiancee took me upstairs to show me the computer. On the screen was a 9v 9ps 10bs N, I almost puked I was so happy. I know not everyone had a great day yesterday, but for those who did congratulations. Those who didn't just remember, Its just another hurdle to clear before you become a doc, I gaurantee you can clear it.

cutty:clap: :clap: :clap:

9. jmanwaring

jmanwaring VH Superfan

10. njdesi

njdesi Senior Member

I am soo happy about my scores b/c they are within competitive range for the DO schools I REALLY want to go to :

April '02 : WS-Q, 9BS, 8VR, but 6 PS :(

August 2002 : WS-P (oh well), 9BS, 8VR, 8PS(!!!) :D

I want to get into UMDNJSOM!!!!!

NJDESI

11. shreebee

shreebee Senior Member

August 2001: 8V 10P L 10B
    AUGUST 2002: 9V 13P N 11B =)

12. youngjock

youngjock Banned
    Banned

i thought that you won't get ur scores until the end of octorber? u guys already got it?

did you pay the extra to get it online?

13. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1

Resident [Any Field]
    Im applying to a few schools now, PCOM, CCOM, TCOM, and NYCOM. I was feeling up beat about my chances of getting in till I got my August scores, Wri - P, 7V, 6PS, 8BS. My gpa is just a 3.1. Because Im just in a weird place right now with my applications Im going to let the few schools that I applied to ride out and hope I get some good experience from this all and work for a much better score this April.

I know my chances of getting in anywhere are slim to none, but at this point Im hoping I get at least 1 interview somewhere so that I can experience what it is like for when I apply to all the schools Id like to go to next summer to all the DO schools and Texas schools and then a few more.

Good luck to everyone who is a more competitive applicant than I am right now.

14. AntGod22

AntGod22 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am applying to NYCOM,PCOM, LECOM, UNECOM, NJCOM-SOM

I got granted a interview at NJCOM-SOM with only my april 02 scores which were
    V-6, P-6, WR-M , B-8 = 20
    I got back my august scores and recieved a
    V-8, P-8, WR-M , B-10 = 26

Hopefully I will be getting a interview at NYCOM soon since that is where I want to go the most. Good luck to everyone !!

15. MyEyesMesmerize

MyEyesMesmerize Senior Member

antgod, when did u get an interview offer to UMDNJ and when did u submit accomas? I'm hoping i get some interviews but my score is really not impressive. in APril i got a 7,7,8 and anticipated an increase. IUnfortunately verbal did me in...i got a 5!, 8,9. You think I have some hope for an interview?

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. AntGod22

AntGod22 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My interview is for next thursday October 17th. I got the letter in the mail 3 weeks ago and I mailed out the secondary about the second week in august. I filed my accomas application around the middle of july .

I think in my opinion that you will get a interview. Just wait , maybe call and ask if they recieved all of your letters and stuff.