August MCAT studying thread - what is your plan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

u2ecila

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
Yes - I am yet another August MCAT victim! ;)

I have been working 50+ hours a week and commuting 2 hours a day for the past three years, and I was unable to seriously review the material for the April MCAT. So I quit my job two weeks ago, and now I am ready to study hard core! I really need to do well on this test, so I am trying to devise a April - August studying schedule.

What are you doing/what do you recommend?

I, hopefully, will start a part time job as a medical assistant next week. That will be on week day evenings for now. The rest of the day is wide open.
I will be using Exam Krackers, TPR books, and Audio Osmosis in addition to course text books. I am also going to try to workout every day to keep my brain and body working together!

So I will think about it today and figure out what I am doing.

Please - August MCATer's, share your plans!

cheers,
u2ecila

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I am also a victim of the August MCAT. I tried to study for the April MCAT but feel that this isn't a test you can cram for. Which is hard for me because I have been a crammer my whole life. Too bad I already paid my 190 bucks!:( But hey you get 100 bucks back, and I would rather be out 90 bucks, than have a bad MCAT score.
Anyway, I plan to follow the Examkrackers home schedule. I just started it, even though it is only for 10 weeks. Maybe, I'll do it twice. Keep me updated on your progress and plans.:)

Just starting to gear up. I'm finishing orgo II right now and will be done May 6th. I'm probably going to do the princeton review and some major studying on my own. how can I get my grubbies on Examkrackers and other fun tools. I've heard of audoosmosis can anyone elucidate on those?

u2ecila

What was your motivation for quitting your job? I want to quit, i know I should quit, but this little voice in the back of my head keeps me from doing it! What I would give to be 20 again!

Regardless, i'm taking no classes this summer, so i'm hoping to just work and study for the mcat, nothing else.

As far as my plan, i am going to do some verbal every day starting next month. That's where I think i can improve the most.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
What IS the study schedule for Examkrackers? I have searched their website and their message boards but I didn't see it. Does it only come when you buy the books?1

Hi dreamaloud,

I quit my job because I knew that it was taking my career and life down a path that was not aligned with my goals or dreams. Plus, my job required 100% of my time and dedication, leaving no time for the part time pursuit of medicine (which I feel is a full time job in itself). I was making extremely good money, and that was hard to leave behind. However, I absolutely do not regret my decision. I just tried to look at the big picture and take the steps to get my life on the track that I want to be on.

Good luck to you too!
:)
u2ecila

rawe,

e-mail john or jordan and they will e-mail it back to you. at least that is how it used to be, so i don't know if it is that way still.

HEY RAwe

You can get the home study schedule from this website. Just go to the forums search and type in EK Home study schedule. It is posted under the Examkrackers Thread, from February.:thumbup:

Hi guys! I'm another August Mcat'er here too. I'm actually in my second year right now so am taking it a little bit early.

My plan is also to do nothing else other than mcat the months of june, july and the first half of august. I've saved up enough money to be able to afford that luxury, so I'm planning on studying 8-9 hrs/day 6 days/wk for 8 wks. Not taking a prep course or anything; the materials I have are the kaplan big book, the PR science workbook, and all the EK books. I also have the aamc practice tests 1-7 but I'll probably only take 4-7, and maybe 3 maybe not.

Good luck guys! :)