August MCAT waiting on secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monkey12

Monkey12
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who took the August MCAT still waiting for secondaries? Which Schools?

Loyola?
Univ of MN?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still waiting for Loyola, Finch, and Buffalo.

I would call Finch... I'm also an August MCATer and Finch was one of the first ones I got.

Members don't see this ad :)
im also an aug mcater who is waiting for rosalind franklin and loyola. i just read in a different thread that rosalind franklin's secondary is accompanied by a rather disheartening letter. as for loyola, i havent heard a thing...

I'm an august mcater too. I received a postcard from Loyola that said they were waiting for my mcat score to review my application.

I am also waiting for Nebraska, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. From UIC I received an email about checking the status of my application, but never received the secondary from them, but I have the link to fill it out. Does anyone know if they are waiting for MCAT scores before sending the secondary or should I go ahead and mail my secondary in?

Im an August MCATer and I have received Loyola and Finch, and I got a post card from MN just saying they received my app.

The only secondary I am waiting for is Case. I believe they screen??

crazygal said:
Im an August MCATer and I have received Loyola and Finch, and I got a post card from MN just saying they received my app.

The only secondary I am waiting for is Case. I believe they screen??

Case doesn't screen. They are just slow.

So does Loyola screen or not? Because I got a postcard from them saying further review of my file will be postponed until they receive my MCAT scores??

Jessiemmc said:
So does Loyola screen or not? Because I got a postcard from them saying further review of my file will be postponed until they receive my MCAT scores??

Loyola screens.

hmmm....I got Loyola without an MCAT score......would they just screen based upon my GPA?

crazygal said:
hmmm....I got Loyola without an MCAT score......would they just screen based upon my GPA?

Was this August the first time you took the MCAT?

Apparition said:
I'm still waiting for Loyola, Finch, and Buffalo.

Buffalo was one of the first schools I got as a 1st time August MCATer.. I am instate though.

bonez318ti said:
Buffalo was one of the first schools I got as a 1st time August MCATer.. I am instate though.

I'm instate too, I found out that they don't screen so I'm hoping to receive the secondary soon.

Still waiting for Vandy and the UC's. October's going to be fun! :D

AUGUST mcat'ers how far are you on the rest of your secondaries? all submitted? is the basic idea get it in a few weeks before scores come out? and when are the scores coming out? did they get postponed due to florida takers?

Monkey12 said:
AUGUST mcat'ers how far are you on the rest of your secondaries? all submitted? is the basic idea get it in a few weeks before scores come out? and when are the scores coming out? did they get postponed due to florida takers?

I retook the august mcat cause i did poorly in verbal in april. I have finished 11 of 12 secondaries, and completed at 10 of the schools (VCU is taking forever to process my recommendations :rolleyes:). I was put on hold at Wake Forest cause they are waiting for aug. scores, but I passed Loyola, EVMS, Pitt, and VCU screens. I think as long as you get everything in before middle of october, you will be fine, but also you want to be in the 1st group of august takers that get interviews. I believe the scores for august will be around october 12th or so. the florida takers did not postpone the scores, and they will also get their scores at the same time.

I took the MCAT in August and was told by Utah, Wake Forest, Loyola, VCU, and TUCOM-Nevada that they would send me a secondary after my August MCAT scores were released.

pbehzad said:
I retook the august mcat cause i did poorly in verbal in april. I have finished 11 of 12 secondaries, and completed at 10 of the schools (VCU is taking forever to process my recommendations :rolleyes:). I was put on hold at Wake Forest cause they are waiting for aug. scores, but I passed Loyola, EVMS, Pitt, and VCU screens. I think as long as you get everything in before middle of october, you will be fine, but also you want to be in the 1st group of august takers that get interviews. I believe the scores for august will be around october 12th or so. the florida takers did not postpone the scores, and they will also get their scores at the same time.

have you gotten interviews already? I'm in the same situation as you -- retook the MCAT due to poor verbal scores. Unlike you (congrats, by the way, on being so on top of things!), I have been dragging my feet on my 2ndaries.....nervous that my August MCAT won't go up. Anyhow, just curious if schools ever afford interviews based on April scores. Thanks! Karin

The only two schools that told me they would hold my application (not send me a secondary) until they had a chance to review my MCAT scores were Wake Forest and University of Utah. The other 19 sent in secondaries within a month of my AMCAS/AACOMAS submittal. I've completed all secondaries (including LOR's) as of the last week of September.

Now... if I can just get a decent score on the MCAT. Arrrrggh!! :scared:

MsEvolution said:
The only two schools that told me they would hold my application (not send me a secondary) until they had a chance to review my MCAT scores were Wake Forest and University of Utah. The other 19 sent in secondaries within a month of my AMCAS/AACOMAS submittal. I've completed all secondaries (including LOR's) as of the last week of September.

Now... if I can just get a decent score on the MCAT. Arrrrggh!! :scared:

Yes, it is very nervewracking waiting for those MCAT scores. (Stupid verbal section!) Right now, I am racing to get all of my apps complete by the time those scores arrive. Have you gotten interviews, or are your schools waiting to review your August MCAT scores. Thanks for the feedback, and good luck to you!!

Karin