1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

August Mcat??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by LaMedecine, Apr 18, 2007.

1. LaMedecine

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi

I recently registered with AAMC to take the July 24 MCAT, and registered with Princeton Review to take an MCAT prep class that would end Jul 10.

I received word yesterday that they were cancelling that MCAT class due to low enrollment, and it is too late for me to get in anywhere alse...for the July MCAT :(

I have 2 options;

1. Princeton Review has offered to pay the fee associated with changing your MCAT date so that I can be fully prepared for the August 6 MCAT.

2. I can keep the July 24 MCAT date, and only miss a weeks worth of the PR class which would end July 30.

I plan to have all the other AMCAS stuff done by next month, but my MCAT wouldnt come in until the end of the summer. My application is not going to be early regardless, but will 2 weeks make a difference? I will get my MCAT scores for the 7/24 date on 8/23, and on 9/5 for the 8/6 date.

Whats the verdict? Is it soo horrible?:confused: :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Depakote

Depakote Pediatric Anesthesiologist
    Rocket Scientist Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    That's a tough spot TPR is putting you in. I don't think the 2 weeks is going to make a huge difference, your scores will still come in a lot sooner than they used to for the old paper Aug MCAT. I would go ahead and switch the course so you feel like you've had the max amount of prep possible and go into the MCAT feeling totally prepared.

4. y8507

2+ Year Member

I feel like you will be more prepared (especially mentally and emotionally) if you finish out the course. Two weeks won't kill you. Before, it used to be a matter of about 4 months between tests, but this is not so bad. Just make sure you have everything ready to go before that so you can be complete asap.

5. Depakote

Depakote Pediatric Anesthesiologist
    Rocket Scientist Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I should also point out the gap time between the end of the TPR class and your MCAT. This is important time, you want to use this for independant study, practice tests and nailing down those last concepts you are struggling with. You wouldn't have this if you took the class and took the earlier MCAT. I honestly think you'd feel rushed.