August MCATers '04 who got in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureTXDr

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if this thread already exists but I was wondering how many
August MCATers got into medical school. I am taking it in August and wondering if I should postpone until April. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Aug 04 MCATer. Got into 5 schools, going to UCSD!!!!

FutureTXDr said:
August MCATers got into medical school. I am taking it in August and wondering if I should postpone until April. :rolleyes:

Thanks

sdnstud said:
Aug 04 MCATer. Got into 5 schools, going to UCSD!!!!

I got into 4 schools, its definitely doable if your scores and the rest of your app is good and YOU GET AMCAS DONE as early as possible. Send off secondaries a day or two after you get them also, thats the major downside to the August MCAT - you're a little behind the other applicants in terms of paperwork. All that means though is that you may not get interviewed until Late fall/early spring compared to April test takes who might be interviewing in September.

I'm an August MCATer and I got into a couple of fine schools. I'll be heading to UCLA Geffen in the Fall. If you're going to apply with an August MCAT, be prepared to have everything in early and on top of that, be patient to receive interview invites in the Spring. I'm talking February and March interviews. It's very do-able.

Members don't see this ad :)
got in. submited amcas sept 09 /secondary oct 27/accepted dec 15 - so dont listen to that hype about us being left behind

Arsenic810 said:
I got into 4 schools, its definitely doable if your scores and the rest of your app is good and YOU GET AMCAS DONE as early as possible. Send off secondaries a day or two after you get them also, thats the major downside to the August MCAT - you're a little behind the other applicants in terms of paperwork. All that means though is that you may not get interviewed until Late fall/early spring compared to April test takes who might be interviewing in September.
PS: your on vaca..go away..let the sdn be mineeee

aug mcater, too. got into some good schools, even though i submitted my secondaries fairly late in the game (although i don't recommend it). plenty of august mcat people get in without problems, although the nail biting might be more intense.

I also was an august mcatter (didnt even do that well, 30 with a skewed breakdown due to bad verbal) and got into 5 places. August mcats isnt the end of the world but take april if you can.

cjc6d said:
aug mcater, too. got into some good schools, even though i submitted my secondaries fairly late in the game (although i don't recommend it). plenty of august mcat people get in without problems, although the nail biting might be more intense.

FutureTXDr said:

Thanks

I took the August MCAT last year. I submitted AMCAS before my scores came out, it was processed in 3 days and I was in the middle of doing secondaries when scores were released.

2 acceptances
2 waitlists
cancelled like 4 interviews after getting into the school I was hoping I would get into

Hope it helps

August MCATer - heading to Penn Med this fall; was able to choose from some great schools. August MCAT is definitely not the kiss of death.