August MCATers who doesn't have Interviews Yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

markus21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Me.... 3 rejections, 2 hold for review.....

Are there a lot of ME's out there or am I pretty much alone?

Members don't see this ad.

Just remember that in the end, it's not how many schools you can get into but the quality of the school you end up attending. If you end up in a great school, it doesn't matter whether you got into 10 other schools or none at all.

i think you're one step ahead of "us". we haven't gotten interviews anywhere let alone multiple acceptances.

OP: i'm worse off. 6 rejections, 1 hold

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, the pain of waiting. 1 rejection (pre-secondary) and waiting on 4 other secondaries and 20 interviews ( still haven't been asked)!
Still it could be worse I could have a load of rejections, so I take it as a good sign!:cool:

just out of curiosity could u guys post your stats and when you applied...

don't worry more interviews are coming

3.8 from JHU, 33Q (10V 13P 10B) MCAT

3 rejections, 2 holds and no interviews

Files Completed in Late October

Hey markus. By any chance, were the schools that rejected you some of your "safety" (i.e. lower tiered) schools? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about it. They probably assumed you'll end up attending a highly ranked school and the chances of you attending their school, even if accepted, would be low. You've got some great stats and as long as you have decent extracirriculars and non-ridiculous personal statement, I'm sure you'll be getting a bunch of interviews sometime early next year.

Files also completed in late October early November.

No word of any kind. 4.0 30 for my stats. Hopefully, schools will start looking in Jan.

Originally posted by Alexander99
Hey markus. By any chance, were the schools that rejected you some of your "safety" (i.e. lower tiered) schools? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about it. They probably assumed you'll end up attending a highly ranked school and the chances of you attending their school, even if accepted, would be low. You've got some great stats and as long as you have decent extracirriculars and non-ridiculous personal statement, I'm sure you'll be getting a bunch of interviews sometime early next year.

I wouldn't say U of Chicago and Cornell are my safety schools... but I've also been rejected at Georgetown and put on hold at MSU and PSU.... not impressive at all..... and i have enough ECs.

Damn this process....I have been complete at 19 schools by late Oct/early Nov. Not one interview. Not one rejection. UF, Drexel, Jefferson put me 'on hold'.

I'm an August MCATer, I just got my first interview invite from Temple today! The funny thing is that I was offically complete there only last week. My check I sent them in Nov got lost so I had to resend it, so that was the only reason it wasn't complete in mid November. I really hope I hear back from from other schools soon, especially some of the schools I would rather go to than Temple.:scared:

For those of you who were put on hold, how long was it before they got back to you? And which schools do pre-interview holds? I haven't heard anything yet, but my first app was complete around Nov. 20, so I'm not panicky. Just antsy.

my checks were the first things to be cleared after submitting my essay... they've been cashed out for two months!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by mosfet
Damn this process....I have been complete at 19 schools by late Oct/early Nov. Not one interview. Not one rejection. UF, Drexel, Jefferson put me 'on hold'.

Hey, i know what you mean. Al least, there is plenty of time left. Enjoy the holidays.

August MCATer, complete at AECOM December 4, interview invite today!! First open slot is January 15--that is so soon! Eeks! I am in shock...:clap: :clap:

How do you know that Jefferson and Drexel put you on hold? Does your status page for Jefferson change or do they notify you? I haven't heard anything from Jefferson since I was complete over a month ago (not even to tell me my application was complete). I also applied to Drexel so I'm curious how their process works.

I guess I applied to the wrong schools if I wanted fast feedback. I haven't heard from any schools after being complete at some for 2 months (except rejections).

Originally posted by DoctorWannaBe
How do you know that Jefferson and Drexel put you on hold? Does your status page for Jefferson change or do they notify you? I haven't heard anything from Jefferson since I was complete over a month ago (not even to tell me my application was complete). I also applied to Drexel so I'm curious how their process works.

I guess I applied to the wrong schools if I wanted fast feedback. I haven't heard from any schools after being complete at some for 2 months (except rejections).

No, my status page didn't change at all. I called Jefferson and Drexel and they both told me that the adcoms reviewed my application once so far and decided to put me on hold for a later review. When I asked 'em if that means its a rejection, they said if its a rejection they would have already sent me a rejection letter......But they didn't.

So I don't know what's going on.

I called up 10 other schools and they all put me on hold. Not one interview invite........Not one rejection. I just don't get this. Are they sooooooooo ambiguous about my application that they can't figure out what to do???

Cheers:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No, my status page didn't change at all. I called Jefferson and Drexel and they both told me that the adcoms reviewed my application once so far and decided to put me on hold for a later review. When I asked 'em if that means its a rejection, they said if its a rejection they would have already sent me a rejection letter......But they didn't.

So I don't know what's going on.

I called up 10 other schools and they all put me on hold. Not one interview invite........Not one rejection. I just don't get this. Are they sooooooooo ambiguous about my application that they can't figure out what to do???

Cheers:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow, it might just be one of those months where luck doesn't favor you. Just hang in there, I'm sure you will hear something in January. Best of luck.

oh BTW, I called Wake Forest and they said I was put in the potential interview pool......whatever THAT means. Did anyone else get that?

No, my status page didn't change at all. I called Jefferson and Drexel and they both told me that the adcoms reviewed my application once so far and decided to put me on hold for a later review.

How long after being complete did you call? I don't want to seem pushy if I call too soon.

oh BTW, I called Wake Forest and they said I was put in the potential interview pool......whatever THAT means. Did anyone else get that?
Yup... I think that's good?

Originally posted by Swiper The Fox
Yup... I think that's good?

Doctorwannabe,
I was complete since late oct/early nov. I would call if I were you.(actually, i already did.:) ).

Swiper,
were you put in that pool too? did u get an interview with them?

Swiper, were you put in that pool too? did u get an interview with them?
I'm in the pool now. Don't quote me on this, but the impression I got (based on a quick phone call update) was that they had 4 different groups of "potential interviewees," ranked from group 1 to group 4, and the 1's would interview first, followed by the 2's, etc. What I don't know is whether or not they would actually interview all four groups, or if they fill the class early they would just stop halfway through group 2 and not interview the rest, etc. Not sure.

BTW, I'm in group 2, so no interview invite yet. Hopefully the new year will bring some good news...

Can anyone else confirm that my understanding of the Wake process sounds at least semi-correct?

Good luck, mosfet!

Originally posted by Swiper The Fox
I'm in the pool now. Don't quote me on this, but the impression I got (based on a quick phone call update) was that they had 4 different groups of "potential interviewees," ranked from group 1 to group 4, and the 1's would interview first, followed by the 2's, etc. What I don't know is whether or not they would actually interview all four groups, or if they fill the class early they would just stop halfway through group 2 and not interview the rest, etc. Not sure.

BTW, I'm in group 2, so no interview invite yet. Hopefully the new year will bring some good news...

Can anyone else confirm that my understanding of the Wake process sounds at least semi-correct?

Good luck, mosfet!

Hey Swiper,
THanks for your input. I just called Wake again and they told me that I was put in group 2 also......and the lady said its still pretty good. Are you in-state NC? I am not.

Hey Swiper,
THanks for your input. I just called Wake again and they told me that I was put in group 2 also......and the lady said its still pretty good. Are you in-state NC? I am not.
I am, which I'm sure helped get me into the "pool" in the first place.

Thanks for the good news about group 2!

Damn sounds like a sorority rush process.

has august mcat'ers pretty much gotten at least one interview so far? I still haven't..... this is stressful.... :(

how many schools did you apply to? maybe the schools you chose are slow! (like every other school) we still have time!:)

i applied to somewhere around 25 schools.... they can't possibly all be slow.... :mad: what's going on?????

hey markus,
i'm not an august mcater but i turned in my secondaries pretty late, around early to mid november. i haven't heard from 20 schools too =( i dunno what's going on! i have 2 interviews so far and 6 rejections. but what are those 20 schools doing with my application??? SIGH

so i guess i'm really the only person here on SDN without any interviews still.... :(

no way.. i have no interviews either. we need like a support group or something.
most of my apps have been complete for around a month, so i guess i have to wait at least 6 weeks before freaking out! yeah right...

You are not alone!!! I am an August MCATer...no interviews, yet. I work in a lab with three other applicants, two of which were August MCATers...and both of them have not gotten interviews either. Just be patient (that's what I keep telling myself).

I told myself I would stay patient until Christmas if I don't hear anything. So I started to feel a bit nervous when I haven't gotten any interviews after coming back from a 2-week vacation yesterday (only 3 rejections and 2 holds for interview so far). It's now been well over two months since I've received confirmation on completed apps for all 22 schools that I applied to.

Then................ I come home to check my email..... and all of a sudden......... I get TWO invites for an interview!!!!!!!!!! :) Emory and Albert Einstein~~~~ here I go~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry you guys but I've been in this club for too long~~~ I just broke my 19 consecutive rejection streak over the span of 2 years!!!!! :horns: I still remember my first ever rejection from Northwestern way back in sept 2002!!!!!

I wish all of you guys best of luck too! I still have so many other schools to hear from...... I think the answers are coming soon now....

Originally posted by markus21
Then................ I come home to check my email..... and all of a sudden......... I get TWO invites for an interview!!!!!!!!!! :) Emory and Albert Einstein~~~~ here I go~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry you guys but I've been in this club for too long~~~ I just broke my 19 consecutive rejection streak over the span of 2 years!!!!! :horns: I still remember my first ever rejection from Northwestern way back in sept 2002!!!!!

I wish all of you guys best of luck too! I still have so many other schools to hear from...... I think the answers are coming soon now....

Congrats markus :clap: :clap: :clap:

congrats, it must be nice to get the F out of this club.. you deserve it though... :clap:

we DO need a support group as chrisobean said!

I applied to 17 schools, got 3 rejections, and still NO NO interviews!!

I am gettin a little paranoid android here....its buggin me.....i am so envious and jealous, just one, puhleazeeee already!!

i was an august mcater too.....my complete dates range from nov 12th all the way to jan 7th.....but the wait is killin me!

"Can you lick my wounds please
Can you make it numb
And kill the pain like cortizone
And grant me intimacy
How'll we split your chromosomes"--massive attack:clap:

Congrats!! :clap: when were you complete at Einstein?

rain down, rain down, come on rain down on me!!

I was complete on late-Oct

I told myself I would stay patient until Christmas if I don't hear anything. So I started to feel a bit nervous when I haven't gotten any interviews after coming back from a 2-week vacation yesterday (only 3 rejections and 2 holds for interview so far). It's now been well over two months since I've received confirmation on completed apps for all 22 schools that I applied to.

Hey man, congrats! I remember talking to you on another school's thread... aren't the later invites all the sweeter? :clap:

tf

I just wanted to weigh in:

I am an April MCATer and have been complete since around Oct. 20th and am still waiting for interviews. I received 3 rejections right around Thanksgiving, and nothing since then. I have called all of my schools and they keep telling me that I am under "active consideration," or that my application is "under review," besides GW, who told me on the phone that I am on hold to be re-reviewed in Jan. What does this all mean?

I have a good application besides a low MCAT score, so I know that my chances are not wonderful, but I decided to apply anyway because stranger things have happened.

What does everyone think? I have been searching this forum for weeks looking for a little hope (which I have since I am not the only one still waiting) but I have not posted before now...

Originally posted by TheFlash
Hey man, congrats! I remember talking to you on another school's thread... aren't the later invites all the sweeter? :clap:

tf

Hey Flash,

Thanks man~ But I still haven't heard back from Columbia........ I guess I will be hearing any time now..

Originally posted by turtlepower
I just wanted to weigh in:

I am an April MCATer and have been complete since around Oct. 20th and am still waiting for interviews. I received 3 rejections right around Thanksgiving, and nothing since then. I have called all of my schools and they keep telling me that I am under "active consideration," or that my application is "under review," besides GW, who told me on the phone that I am on hold to be re-reviewed in Jan. What does this all mean?

I have a good application besides a low MCAT score, so I know that my chances are not wonderful, but I decided to apply anyway because stranger things have happened.

What does everyone think? I have been searching this forum for weeks looking for a little hope (which I have since I am not the only one still waiting) but I have not posted before now...

Hey Turtle...I was in your situation last year, it sucks big time. I got one interview at GW was waitlisted and then I removed myself from the waitlist because I decided to retake the MCAT and reapply.

I cannot tell you what your chances are of getting interviews/acceptances because it is a crap shoot. Essentially you need to realize is that all it takes is one school to say yes and then you are on your way.

Check out the reapplicant forum for wisdom on how others made it through the situation. You can do it, don't lose hope and don't lose your devotion to the ultimate goal!

I'm with all of you, this sucks. I guess no news is good news - not 1 rejection OR interview yet.

My advice - take some time away from this site. It was making me too paranoid!!!

Good luck!

Originally posted by eagle99
I'm with all of you, this sucks. I guess no news is good news - not 1 rejection OR interview yet.

My advice - take some time away from this site. It was making me too paranoid!!!

Good luck!

word. we can commiserate together b/c i feel the same exact way!