August MCAT's??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Spoondog, Sep 28, 2000.

1. Spoondog

Spoondog Junior Member

Anybody got August MCAT scores back yet? Anybody know about when they are supposed to be returned? The wait is getting old. . . .

Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. XENA

XENA Member

I think that we should get our scores in mid-October for the August 2000 exam (~6 weeks later). Good luck. I'm nervous too...

xena

4. wooo

wooo Senior Member

It wasn't even on my mind until I read this post!

Thanx for messin' my head up!!!!!

5. nmehta211

nmehta211 Member

I think they are expected around mid to late october.

6. mj

mj Senior Member

well at least none of ours got lost (that we know of)

Go Cobragirl!

we should quit our whining. there are worse things than having to wait for your scores...like having to take the damn thing over again because they lost your test!

Not to mention this is truly the only time you have left to imagine you got 3 15s. In a few more weeks, reality will be all there is.

Feeling thankful I get to wait.

mj

7. We should be getting them around Oct. 19th. They try to have them to us ~ 2 months after we take them. Look in your mailboxes a little before Halloween!

Imtiaz

8. Cobragirl

Cobragirl Hoohaa helper ;)

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey, at least you guys have scores COMING!!!! My MCAT (and 32 others) got "lost in transit" so I'm having to take the damn thing AGAIN in 2 weeks (Oct. 14th). Not only is taking the MCAT twice in 2 months extremely stressful (they didn't tell us they were lost until LAST SATURDAY...A MONTH LATER!), but my scores (assuming they don't lose them again) will be lower and LATER than everyone elses now! I've had my application in since June, my secondaries sent back weeks ago, and have been just sitting here waiting for my scores like everyone else. Imagine getting a call from your advisor that starts of "I have good news, and I have bad news..."!!!

Thanks for the encouragement, MJ!

Karyn

9. tonascott

tonascott Junior Member

Tick, tick, tick..Oct. is just around the corner isn't it? I think I got mine exactly 8 weeks after the test last year...so this year should be around Oct.14th. Good luck!!!

10. pandabear

pandabear Member

To all you August MCATers.....Would you do it again, or would you have taken the April route?

Thanks!
    Amanda

11. XYZ

XYZ Junior Member

I would definately go the route of the August Exam again (I'm crossing every finger I have hoping I don't though) [​IMG]

XYZ
    to all my fellow August 2000 MCATters, best of luck...

12. Peregrin

Peregrin Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Just in case any read this string who have not yet taken the MCAT (and I don't mean to be the fly in the ointment) take it in April. Why? I received my interview invitation at my first choice school the first week of october and received my acceptance notification right about the same time that the August takers are having their scores released (Oct 16). Maybe I was just lucky, but it seems to me that if it is at all possible to take it in April, it behooves you to do so.

Best wishes in your quest for acceptance...

13. Oceandust

Oceandust Senior Member

***NOTE THIS A FORWARDED MESSAGE FROM THE MEDICAL GOLD MESSAGE BOARD, I DID NOT WRITE THIS***

FROM Elliot <[email protected]>
    I called the MCAT folks yesterday to confirm an addendum to my score reports. The nice lady on the phone mentioned that the scores were *going out* this week, and thus I shouldn't expect to receive them until sometime next week. Just thought that I
    should notify all of you prospective med school types who, like me, have been experiencing palpitations at the mailbox as of late. It may be another few days.

***FOR ORIGINAL MESSAGE GO TO <http://www.medicalgold.com/wwwboard/messages/331.shtml>***

14. Oceandust

Oceandust Senior Member

To clarify, in the case you didn't go to the Medical Gold Message Board to see for yourself, Elliot posted this today, 10:31am EST.