August or April MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Turkez

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to apply for Medical School for Fall of 2007, but I don't think I'll be ready for the April MCAT. Is it okay if I just take the August MCAT instead? Thank you for any advice on this subject.

Members don't see this ad.

Turkez said:
I want to apply for Medical School for Fall of 2007, but I don't think I'll be ready for the April MCAT. Is it okay if I just take the August MCAT instead? Thank you for any advice on this subject.

If you are filling out your med school application in 2007, it is ok for you to take the August 2006 MCAT's.

If you are filling out your med school application in 2006, you will be a bit behind if you take the August 2006 MCATS though.

Turkez said:
I want to apply for Medical School for Fall of 2007, but I don't think I'll be ready for the April MCAT. Is it okay if I just take the August MCAT instead? Thank you for any advice on this subject.[/QUOTE

Since ur applying for Fall 2007, yesa you can take it in summer of 2006. By the time you apply in fall, your results will just be out. The only advantage of taking it in April is if you don't do well you can always retake it in august and not be left behind. But i suggest work ur ass off in summer and go for the summer one, since its better to do well the first time, then to write it over and over again

Cheers

id totally give it a shot with the april one if you can spare the 200 bucks. remember, august 2006 is the LAST paper testing. so if you screw up august, your out of luck, you gotta study again for the new format of the test. you can always void your test if you feel like you did badly.