August or January Test Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohgodidonteven

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Mcatters,

I've got a bit of a decision to make. I'm currently signed up for the August 20th test and am taking a Kaplan course that ends the 3rd. I started 'studying' at the beginning of June; however, I work 8 hours a day as well as volunteer on Saturdays at the hospital. The course is 3+ hours 3 days of the week (on those days I leave at 830, get back at 10.) My internship ends the 31st, but I plan to shadow/volunteer a majority of my time afterwards. I just took the first full-length Kaplan and got a 36 - 13p/9V/12b, although this only covered 2/3 of the material we had covered.

The question is, should I reschedule for the Jan. 29th test date? I've lightened my courseload for the semester and believe I have enough material to last me the extra time.

Members don't see this ad.

kaplan FLs are inflated don't let them trick you into mcat. Take a couple AAMC to truly see where ur at.

In addition, don't take it next semester for peter's sake. Your efforts into studying during the summer will be wasted. Postpone it to september if your not where your at right now. Now that's 2 months - plenty of time.

I haven't really studied during the summer...haven't really read the review notes or any other books, mostly keeping up with Kaplan HW. I'm working in August too, I only have about 20 days before the test in September.