august study buddy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sarah_viola

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of motivating myself for the August test, but I have yet to sit down and actually start. I took a TPR class this spring, in preparation for the April test, but between class and work, I barely did any of the reading/homework and didn't take it. So, my plan was to do all of the PR work, but I'm having problems getting started. My friends check in on me, but I just get annoyed with them when they ask how I'm doing. I was wondering if perhaps checking in with someone who was studying on their own would help keep me on track. Anyone else feel the same?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm debating getting the EK physics and chem books, but I'm not sure if I'd have time to use them at this point. I think I probably will.

I would say definitely get them unless you are already strong in those areas.

I am using EK and am very satisfied

Members don't see this ad :)
also be aware that EK has a 'schedule' on their website for August studying that I found quite useful. Somehow it's easier to motivate myself if I see in black and white where I'm spsed to be at in my studying and so if I am getting behind. :)

I did end up getting the ek set, and i printed off their schedule. It's nice to see that I'm not behind yet! Maybe there is hope. Thanks, guys!

sarah I am in the same boat as you are.... I really need motivation too....
I am studying all my TPR stuff that I had from before.

I am trying to find ways to make studying "fun".

I have modified the EK schedule to fit my week, but it's still going to be a s-t-r-e-t-c-h doing 4 hrs a night. I think I'll end up making a lot of it up on the weekends. I'll review the PR books, then look at EK to condense, then do the PR science workbook questions and finally the PR passages. I like the way the EK schedule is set up. I didn't take the class, but it looks like they do each lecture twice, on different days. I think I'll read and do passages one day, and then go over the answers the next day, and review basics again, which should help w/ retention. Anyone have any input?

I have a white board, so that will help make the material more interactive.

Anyone have any "fun" study tips?

Regardless, I START THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!

I'm retaking it for the __th time :p
I've used Kaplan stuff and taked PR class b4, i got all teh EK stuff, kinda glanced at it, plus i'm a regular on their forum, and I think it just might be it

I'll use the PR science workout for bio passages and I'm using EK home study schedule, Jordan emailed me, I start this sunday!!!