August submitters: how much have you heard back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

polkman789

Reaction score
Just wondering if schools have gotten to us yet, radio silence here.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted half my secondaries in July and the other half in August. From my August submissions, I’ve heard back from 5 schools so far. 4 schools from July. Mostly holds and rejections.

I submitted half my secondaries in July and the other half in August. From my August submissions, I’ve heard back from 5 schools so far. 4 schools from July. Mostly holds and rejections.
Gotcha, hopefully more good news soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted primary mid July and secondaries mid August, 1 R so far. Total silence since then :(

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted 08/08, verified 08/09 DO & 08/22 MD. 95% of secondaries submitted prior to 09/01. 3 MD pre II R, 2 DO pre II R, 2 DO II. 23 more secondaries submitted that I'm waiting on. Casper might have messed some up since I didn't take it until mid september and some schools sending me the app complete email at the end of september.

Update, make that 4 MD pre II R :(

Last edited:
Submitted 16 secondaries (MD only) in the first week of August: 4 IIs and 1 pre-II R.

Hello, I completed most of my secondaries around mid-August. I was wondering how mid-August submitters were doing?

I completed three in August (dispersed throughout) and then nine in September. I got two II from two schools in August (both late August) and one from a school in mid-September. Two pre-II rejection from a school I submitted mid-September. I messed up the timing, lol.

Edit: just got a rejection today, lol.

Last edited:
Two interview invites from schools in late August is great! I haven't heard back from any school in late august lol

I submitted in later August for most and then a handful more all done by labor day. For the most part, I've heard almost nothing. I have my cycle in my signature. Still wondering if its normal to have so much silence. o_O

• Hmm
Submitted a third of my secondaries on the final days of July, the rest in the first week of August. Received 3 IIs in late Sep-early Oct, and 3 pre-II Rs. Waiting for ~20 more schools RIP. Seeing how little August completes are hearing back, I'm also wondering if this much silence is normal....hoping that schools are a little slower this cycle 🙃

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted a third of my secondaries on the final days of July, the rest in the first week of August. Received 3 IIs in late Sep-early Oct, and 3 pre-II Rs. Waiting for ~20 more schools RIP. Seeing how little August completes are hearing back, I'm also wondering if this much silence is normal....hoping that schools are a little slower this cycle 🙃
It’s been so silent!

I have only heard back from two schools: 1 pre-II R and one pre-II hold.... Haven't heard back from any other schools, but multiple have been sending out R waves.

For my neuroticism and maybe others', do we think that dodging these waves implies there is a chance, or should we take it as a sign that applications are just not getting seen yet?

I submitted in later August for most and then a handful more all done by labor day. For the most part, I've heard almost nothing. I have my cycle in my signature. Still wondering if it’s normal to have so much silence. o_O
Same situation. I’ve gotten 3 R’s but mainly from “reach” schools, in-state bias, and Georgetown (idk why😲); but silence otherwise

MSTP applicant here. Primaries completed in June, submitted 1 secondary end of July and 23 secondaries throughout August. Of the August schools, withdrew 1 and still waiting to hear from 10. Also still waiting to hear from the July submission school.

Applied to 40 schools all throughout August. 5 II, 4 R, 1 H

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Applied to 20 schools (a bit less than most haha)

2 II's
1 R
1 II WL

Still waiting on 16 schools out of 20. There are a few that I assume are already soft R's, but some legitimately may have not looked at my application yet.

Applied to 30 schools, have 1II from my alma mater that turned into an A, 5 R/holds so far.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted through July-August-September and I recievied
3 II from July submissions (MD)
3 II from August Submissions (2 MD, 1 DO)
1 II from September Submission (MD)