1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

August test dates filling up--wait for an open?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by feedme, May 10, 2008.

1. feedme

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I want to take the test on the 15th or possibly 7th. 22nd seems too late, but no noon or afternoon times are open on the 15th or 7th unless I drive 1.5 hours away, which I don't really want to do. Should I just wait and check everyday for an opening?! Will this happen? I may go ahead and sign up for an 8 am time...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. shellzbythesea

Pre-Medical
    hi! normally seats will open up about 2 weeks prior to the date of the test when people decide to reschedule their test date. so technically you could wait until then to register for your desired mcat day and time.

4. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'd just sign up for an 8 am spot. It's not that bad, you just have to wake up early for a little while before taking the test. This is coming from someone that stays up until 3 am and sleeps until 12, so I know what you may be thinking when you look at that 8 am spot. Plus, while spots will open up later on, you shouldn't depend on those. Make a reservation now. Then if a spot opens up, take it. You don't want to be caught without an MCAT spot.