August test dates filling up--wait for an open?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

feedme

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to take the test on the 15th or possibly 7th. 22nd seems too late, but no noon or afternoon times are open on the 15th or 7th unless I drive 1.5 hours away, which I don't really want to do. Should I just wait and check everyday for an opening?! Will this happen? I may go ahead and sign up for an 8 am time...

Members don't see this ad.

hi! normally seats will open up about 2 weeks prior to the date of the test when people decide to reschedule their test date. so technically you could wait until then to register for your desired mcat day and time.

I'd just sign up for an 8 am spot. It's not that bad, you just have to wake up early for a little while before taking the test. This is coming from someone that stays up until 3 am and sleeps until 12, so I know what you may be thinking when you look at that 8 am spot. Plus, while spots will open up later on, you shouldn't depend on those. Make a reservation now. Then if a spot opens up, take it. You don't want to be caught without an MCAT spot.