August to late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qb1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am finishing organic and trying to study for the MCAT and have found zero time to work on the application. If I wait until early August will I still have a shot, or is this to late?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

My best advice to you is to take 2 hours and finish your application "now". You can take care of it on the web at www.aacom.com. You may get lucky and receive an interview before your MCAT scores are received. Its been known to happen on occasion.

W.
Originally posted by qb1:
I am finishing organic and trying to study for the MCAT and have found zero time to work on the application. If I wait until early August will I still have a shot, or is this to late?

August is late, but it's not too late as long as you have decent grades and decent MCAT scores. Last year I didn't apply until the middle of October because I was waiting for my August MCAT scores. I was accepted at two schools and I'm going to NYCOM next year. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Every day you wait will decrease you chances of getting in that much more. That's the best way to sum it up.

if you have time management problems with Organic and MCAT prep, do you really have what it takes for med school?

Seriously, in the time you took to post to this message board you could be well on your way to finishing aacomas!

Put on a pot of coffee and do the application today!

I got in and I applied that late. But they are right, don't wait. Don't give up just cuz its late

------------------
Jim

dduncan, to be honest with you I was a little Pi@@ed when I read your reply, but after digesting it I realized you were right. I took a few hours this weekend and hammered it out. Thanks

i got my app completed to all schools at the end of JANUARY of 2000. and i was admitted for this fall. do it early but dont give up.

[This message has been edited by cet (edited 07-18-2000).]