Australian Dental Council Exam For Overseas Dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello colleagues

Is there anyone who has Boucher's MCQ? Any help will be greatly appreciated. My email : [email protected]

regards...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to appear for the final adc exam in Nov 2010 at Melbourne,
Any study partners here???:luck:

anything abt the prep for preliminary exams? books,advice etc...
please help me

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Greetings to all, wishing all those who are preparing for ADC exams good luck and congratulations to all those who have cleared ADC exam, finally for those who have not been successful please don't give up as that would discourage people like me who are planning to sit for the ADC exams for the first time.
I am planning to sit for the very first time for OET , I know i am quite far from the Part One and part two but I would need all the help and guidance that you guys can extend.

Hey guys
sorry i've been a bit busy but i'll try to keep connecting more frequently.
well, i've decided to sit the OET for the very 1st time too Dr Wildooit; in Jan or Feb 2011. Any study partners ?? i've been reading Therapeutic Guidelines and Clinical Prob Solving and Oxfrod and now i'm gonna shift for the OET and get prepared.
I wanted to ask an imp Q if anyone can help. If i do the assesment for eligibility now, will i be restricted with a specific date to sit the preliminary exam ?? or i can just apply for the preliminary when i'm ready, even if i did my assesment ??
Thnx and good luck for all of u guys

Anyone taking the preliminary exam next week?
PM me :)

Last edited:
Anyone took the Prelims this weekend? :)

Last edited:
Hi guys

Iam also preparing for my adc exams..First would be OET and along with it ,Iam planning to revise for adc part 1. Anyone interested to to do the adc part 1 studies together ? :)

reply to [email protected]

cheers
vidya

Last edited:
thank u so much. i'll chek it now
for all those who are taking adc prelim exam.
boucher mcq's and previous adc questions should be read thoroughly for adc prelim exam mcq paper in september paper all the questions were from boucher or previous adc mcq's.
saq's are bit tricky, atleast 5 min is needed to read and understand each question. there were 3 saq's in spetember 2010 paper. all were case based and clinical and radiographic pictures were given.
three answer booklets were given. but 60 mintime is very less to analyze and write

Anyone took the Prelims this weekend?

In Athens there were only 2 candidates taking the exam.
I wonder how was it in other locations.
i took adc prelim on sept 2and and 3rd in australia. mcq's were ok but for saq's i was running short of time.there were 3saq's what about u?

i took adc prelim on sept 2and and 3rd in australia. mcq's were ok but for saq's i was running short of time.there were 3saq's what about u?

I'm feeling pretty confident about the first MCQ paper. :D

Second one was awful ... there were plenty of Q's that I wasn't sure about ... and had to guess, but mostly they were "educated guesses", after narrowing down the options from 5 to 2, so I hope it should be fine. :cool:

As for the SAQ's ... you're right ... it took some time to merely understand the Q's ... the second one was pretty straightforward, the others - I'm not sure about the answers I gave. :confused:

Overall SAQ is the part that I feel less confident about ... but right now there's nothing else to do but biting my fingernails for the next three months, till the results arrive ... and then I'll let my wife to open the envelope, cause I'm not ready for it ... :rolleyes:

Second one was awful ... there were plenty of Q's that I wasn't sure about ... and had to guess, but mostly they were "educated guesses", after narrowing down the options from 5 to 2, so I hope it should be fine. :cool:

As for the SAQ's ... you're right ... it took some time to merely understand the Q's ... the second one was pretty straightforward, the others - I'm not sure about the answers I gave. :confused:

Overall SAQ is the part that I feel less confident about ... but right now there's nothing else to do but biting my fingernails for the next three months, till the results arrive ... and then I'll let my wife to open the envelope, cause I'm not ready for it ... :rolleyes:

yeah! u r right now there is nothing much other than crossing fingers or biting nails.... results will b out in november first week. anyhow all the best for the results
what were the saq's in athens? in aust. one was adverse effects of analgesics,other was treatment of caries and the last one was treatment of periodontitis..i mean some big clinical and radiographic picture was given

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

hi
some of my friends in nz said that the paper one was difficult and that nothing came from 1000 mcq. but one said most came. since you did well in paper one where do you think the new mcq comming from. and can you also suggest any books which are helpful for mcqs and saqs please.

hi
some of my friends in nz said that the paper one was difficult and that nothing came from 1000 mcq. but one said most came. since you did well in paper one where do you think the new mcq comming from. and can you also suggest any books which are helpful for mcqs and saqs please.

1000MCQ bank is enough.

Hi Vinky,

Is there any center or school in Australia who will train for us to pass the Preliminary and Final exam?

Thanks,

Dylan

Hi Vinky,

Is there any center or school in Australia who will train for us to pass the Preliminary and Final exam?

Thanks,

Dylan

You got extra money ? :)

Hey guys
sorry i've been a bit busy but i'll try to keep connecting more frequently.
well, i've decided to sit the OET for the very 1st time too Dr Wildooit; in Jan or Feb 2011. Any study partners ?? i've been reading Therapeutic Guidelines and Clinical Prob Solving and Oxfrod and now i'm gonna shift for the OET and get prepared.
I wanted to ask an imp Q if anyone can help. If i do the assesment for eligibility now, will i be restricted with a specific date to sit the preliminary exam ?? or i can just apply for the preliminary when i'm ready, even if i did my assesment ??
Thnx and good luck for all of u guys

I am planning to take the exam in about those dates, so if you are interested I can be your study partner. I am in sydney at the moment, where are you?

Hello, I am planning to take the OET and the ADC exam part one next year....I am trying to make a study group in sydney for that....if there is anybody interested please let me know!!!!

Hi Pastelito,
I am new in this forum too!!!. I am a spanish speaker as well so lets be in touch, I am living in Autralia and hopefully going to sit the ADC preliminary Sept 2010.
Cheers
[email protected]

I am also a spanish speaker....I am in sydney, where are you, and in which exam are you in at the moment?

11.dental secrets (have this)
11.dental secrets (have this)
2.dental deck (2001-2003-2007)
3.national bord papers (1978-2005)
2.dental deck (2001-2003-2007)
3.national bord papers (1978-2005)
9. j.e.wells books
6.gardners mcq book
7.arco mcq book
12.Master Dentistry 1& 2.

The Following books and very important and need to review your basics. However the MCQ must be the latest one 2010 . Please don’t read the Old one good for nothing .

THE LATEST 2010 MCQ
COWSONS MCQ BOOK
BOUCHERS MCQ BOOK
COWSONS BOOK ON MEDICAL EMERGIENCES
ORAL PATH BOOKS
CLINICAL PROBLEM SOLVING IN DENTISTRY
PAEDIATRIC DENTISTRY
MEDICAL EMERGENCIES
OXFORD HANDBOOK OF CLINICAL DENTISTRY
RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY
This is more than sufficient to clear Theory examination with my experience . If you need more info Email me I will give you the address to get the stuff . Tony [email protected]. Tony

tony can u plz tell me is it wise to read only odell, cameron widmer
(PAEDIATRIC DENTISTRY ),MEDICAL EMERGENCIES ,OXFORD HANDBOOK OF CLINICAL DENTISTRY .can we pass by reading above 4 books and mcq,s from cawson and boucher?... dr.sharada reddy
[/QUOTE]

Hello tony!!!

Thanx for detailing all the material
How can I get those books?? Do you have a copy of them?
Please let me know

hi everybody i jst completed my bds from india , i wud like to know ehich country is best to migrate australia or canada, for me to practice as a dentist, i am giving my OET on 20 nov 2010, so can i sit for part 1 in march or sud i wait till sept...

hi everybody i jst completed my bds from india , i wud like to know ehich country is best to migrate australia or canada, for me to practice as a dentist, i am giving my OET on 20 nov 2010, so can i sit for part 1 in march or sud i wait till sept...

You don't have a choice, but to wait till september, since the application deadline for the march preliminary exam is 1 December ... therefore, there's no way your OET results will be ready within 10 days.

Hi Guys, This is Ceena from Sydney. I am preparing for ADC exam- March 2011. I sincerely request you to help me please. Can you please guide me which books to study? I guess, we need to study below books. 1) 1000 MCQ and SAQ (latest) 2) Cawson R A's MCQ in Dentistry. 3) Clinical problem solving(by odell) 4) OXFORD HANDBOOK OF CLINICAL DENTISTRY 5) Theraputic guidlines Am I in right track? would you be able to provide me relevant study books/material please. My email address: [email protected] I would appreciate your great help. Many thanks Dr. Ceena

Status
Not open for further replies.