1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

australian dental council exam in sep

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by anil melbourne, Jul 24, 2006.

1. anil melbourne

anil melbourne Junior Member

Dental Student
    hi,
    iam taking my exam in sep anybody who want to help me

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. v dentist

v dentist New Member

Attending Physician
    hi anil i am also based in melbourne. do u want a group study partner

4. dentist79

dentist79 Member
    5+ Year Member

hey guys
    good to know you....i am taking the exam(OET)in sept.....which exam u both ggonna take....is it the written or OET....
    try to stay in touch so that we can exchange info and will help all of us...as for now i m waiting fr ur responses .....
    besties

5. drmpt

Dentist
    Hi
    I'm MPT. I'll sit part 1 exam in Sept .looking forward study partner.

6. charlsy

Dentist
    hi I am also appearing in sep,we can study together

7. drmpt

Dentist
    Hi Charlsy!
    R u in Ausi? i'm in Bkk. my skype ID is drmpt02.see u soon.

8. aalexa

2+ Year Member

Dentist
    Does anyone please tell me that can we start practicing directly after passing OET, Part -1 and Part -2 in Australia? or do we have to study for 2-3 years in Australian dental school like USA?

9. jcdragon13

7+ Year Member

Dentist
  10. jcdragon13

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    does anyone has pass the part 1 or part 2 or both? im thinking to take this exam. is it hard? how can i prepare for it? where can i get the studying materials? will NBDE studying materials good enough to prepare for this exam? thanks for the help.

11. Nini7

Dentist
    Hi,

I am also new to this exam preparing towards March 2012 and will like to know more about preparation for this exam and if the pass rate is good. Hope to hear from someone soon.

12. twinkle1983

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    hi,

i am also planing give part 1 in march 2012.when should i give OET and send for assessment to ADC? where can i get the study material ? i live in US can give the part 1 exam here?

13. start6030

2+ Year Member

Dental Student

hi ..am also sitting for OET.... hav alrdy cleared NBDE, and studying with study partner throughout , discussing online on skype , was really helpful...looking for a similar study partner... msg me in my inbox if interested...goodluck with ur exam !!

14. start6030

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    hi ..am also sitting for OET.... and then part 1

hav alrdy cleared NBDE, and studying with study partner throughout , discussing online on skype , was really helpful...looking for a similar study partner... msg me in my inbox if interested or plz mail me at

[email protected]

...goodluck with ur exam !!

15. jcdragon13

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    hello start6030, how are you going to prepare for the part 1? r u going to study with the NBDE part 1 & 2 studying materials?

16. kikikbb

Dental Student
    can anyone tell me? I would like to study in Australia. Do I have to pass NBDE or OET or else before I send the application form?
    Thank you

17. drmpt

Dentist
    Hello,
    You don't need to finish before the accessment for ADC exam but you need to pass OET before part 1 application.

18. drmpt

Dentist
    Hi !
    if anyone who have Boucher MCQs , pls share me.

19. reecha

Dental Student
    hi every one.....:)

I am preparing for oet and adc exam in 2012 march...

I hav something to share with those who are preparing for oet in aug or sept..there is a oet selfstudy material which cost jst $75 and you can assess to oet study material for 2 months..:luck:
    As we all know to clear adc exam is not any easy job but together by sharing the study material and discussing with each other we can make through this..I m also preparing for preliminary part 1 exam in march but yet iam not able to collect enough study material.Any one who have bouchers mcq,saq material...or list of books which need to be studied? last years preliminary papers.:confused:..plz do share with me.
    My id is [email protected]

expecting a positive response from u all who are riding on the same ship as i am...:xf:

20. Doc p

Dentist
    Hi
    I am a dentist from Delhi India..I also want to appear in ADC next year ..I don't have any idea about study material & from where I can purchase books in Delhi ? Is it very difficult to clear clinical examination ?

21. bassam135i

22. bassam135i

#21 bassam135i, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  23. Daisy duck

Dental Student
    You need to clear oet than part -1 but you can apply for the assessment of yOur degree befor clearing the oet..so that u don't waste time while applying for the part -1 exam.. Are you in Australia..??

24. Daisy duck

Dental Student
    Hi. ....I'm new to this forum.. I have cleared my part-1exam..n wish to give the clinicals in November this year (2011)..is there nobody preparing for the same here..??? May b we can help each other. I stay in Sydney and if anybody wants to form a study group I will be happy to take part in it.. Also for those preparing for the preliminary exams if you have ny query plz ask me..if I cud,I will surely help you all,,becoz I know how does it feel to be left alone to give an exam you barely know anything about.. So,, it's best luck to all of us working hard.. Let's help each other,to get through this final step towards our great carrier...:thumbup:

25. Daisy duck

Dental Student

I don't know about the clinical exam,,as i hv not given it..but prelims r not that tough.. Just work hard..n ask whatever u want..if I cud help I will...I was in Haryana till march this year n gav the prelims.. Nw preparing fr the clinicals..

Best luck n don't worry..we work hard enof to get through this..cheers!!!

26. dentistpulse

2+ Year Member

Dentist

#25 dentistpulse, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  27. Daisy duck

Dental Student
    I guess that should be all rite.. But they also need your transcripts from the university you hv cleared the bds degree.. N the uni will nt give u these things until u r done with everything in ur course.. So as soon as u finish ur intern apply for the assessment n prepare for the oet..there's no pt clearing the oet n yet not being able to give ur prelims..becoz it expires in 2yrs.. So give oet when ur done wt all formalities so that u cn utilize all ur 2yr time ...

Is there anything else u need to knw??

Cheers

28. dentistpulse

2+ Year Member

Dentist

#27 dentistpulse, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  29. Daisy duck

Dental Student
    Yes there r deadlines for applyin for the prelims.. U can get all that info from adcs official website.. N also if u get a provisional degree..n just apply for the registration n give them the receipt no it should b ok.. What I feel is u she complete ur intern n get all the documents ready frm college n uni n apply fr assessment.. Then give oet after u hv done with all this..check the wbsite fr the last date to apply fr the march exam..it we 1st dec when I applied fr the march exam.. N skill assessment takes at least 1 n a half month.. So plan accordingly..adc is very punctual..but make it a pt to submit all docs correctly becoz they really check everything.. So check ur dates n work accordingly.. Which college frm Bombay u r?

30. dentistpulse

2+ Year Member

Dentist

#29 dentistpulse, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  31. jcdragon13

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Hello, how did you guys prepare for the clinical part? are you guys practicing in some dental clinics or where? thank you!

32. natgagan

Dentist
    hi iam from sydney too planning to give ada part 1 in march can u plz help me in getting study material my id is [email protected]

33. Daisy duck

Dental Student

Yes may be..it's good to be slow n steady.. Becoz if it goes for rejection one time,,u will lose fees n they mite be strict scrutinizing u the next time....so just be patient..u will do well..

Cheers

34. Daisy duck

Dental Student

Dear I don't know where u get all this in Sidney..as I was in india while I prepared for the exam.. But u she get 1000 mcqs, Boucher, Dawson, Odell n therapeutic guidelines..for sure..

35. dentistpulse

2+ Year Member

Dentist

#34 dentistpulse, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  36. Daisy duck

Dental Student

haa haa..well cudnt find ny other name..!!:)
    nyways..its still some time fr u..n my clinicals r in nov this yrs..i hope to get it through...really geting tensed now..

so..lets keep studying..
    cheers

37. jcdragon13

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Hello Daisy duck, may i ask you how do u prepare for your clinical exam in Nov? did you buy the dental materials and practice it at some dental clinic?

did the ADC tell you the list of things you need to know for the clinical exam? Thank you!

38. Daisy duck

Dental Student

No where yet..it's just been a month I have come to Australia.. I m studying on my own n has enrolled for a clinical course in melbourne..adc just send me the prospect which gives a very rough n vast guideline:( nothing really more than that.. R u preparing for the clinical exam too..!!

39. im recently graduated from dental school in egypt and i am considerin the ADC exams to practice dentisrty in australia
    i wonder if u can help me by expalining the eact procedural process needed for application...or exactly wat did u do?? cuz i heard u may need a lawyer or somethin..
    and im askin also for the study material of the preelimin exams and where r the venues for it
    willing to here soon frm u....:D

40. jcdragon13

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Hi Daisy duck, I havent start taking any of the australia exams yet. But im really considering doing it. Im just very worry about the clinical part of the exam. so i want to gather as much info as possible and see how other prepare for it. Where did u enroll in the clinical course in melbourne? does it help? can you elaborate more info on this course for me? thank you very much!!

41. Daisy duck

Dental Student

Well i don't know, they say it's a good course..I have not started it yet.. But once I'm done with it..I will let u all know..how it went.. Its good u have started preparing so early.. If u happen to know nobody who is preparing for the clinical exam in Australia..plz do let me know..it's a new place n I don't know where to start from n exams approaching soon...:oops:

42. jcdragon13

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    thank you Daisy duck!! please let me know how did your program goes. If it goes well i will also considering taking it. And yes if i know anyone who is also preparing for the clinical exam ill definately inform you. good luck with your exam in Nov.

43. hi daizy duck.....
    i neeed the mcqs and the study material of the pre-eliminary exams..
    i wonder where did u study them from??
    and can u send them for me..cuz one is so confused abt it...

44. dentistpulse

2+ Year Member

Dentist
    ALL THE BEST DAISY DUCK FOR YOUR CLINICALS :thumbup:...plz do stay in touch throught SDN or fb if possible

45. jasghuman02

Dentist
    heloo every one .. i just cmpltd my grad in june .. can u plz tell me abt the prelim exam for ADC .. i hv got info abt OET bt nthng on prelim exam .. i wanna knw abt the fees , VENUE IN INDIA and anythng u guys knw abt prelim exam .. thnks guys .. god bles us all he he

46. natgagan

Dentist
    hi i live in sydney too and looking for some help reg adc part1 plz contact me at [email protected]

47. Julian Lui

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hi my name is Julian.

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with any resources on OET, ADC part 1 and 2. Willing to pay if necessary.

My email is [email protected]
    Thank you very much!

Julian

48. Panu

Dentist
    Hello,
    Well, I started researching about the ADC a couple of months back. I do understand the step by step procedure needed for the completion of the same. The thing really confusing me right now are the IMP books and study material for the Part 1.
    I have a complete list of the books required which goes to 36Texts and 12 MCQ books, which honestly is driving me nuts rtg now. I have come to know that solving MCQ's rtg from start n going to books as n when a doubt arises is a Great tip.
    Pls contact me on [email protected] if any1 is serious about appearing the OET and Part1 in 2012 so we could form a study group and mutual help group.
    I'm from Bombay
    Thank you n All d best:thumbup:

49. denten

Dentist
    hi everyone. i have just got myself registered with the forum. i will get my dgree this nov. and want to know how are things in australia for a FTD. i mean after giving the 3 exams i will get a job and the appropriate visa to work there? the procedure in u.s seems to be very long and confusing.:confused:
    expecting a reply soon as i need to get startd for documentation and taking dates for test.i know i am already very late but dont want to waste the next 1 year doing nothing.

50. jcdragon13

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    i dont think you'll get a job and work visa rite after you complete those 3 exams. you'll get their license and able to register as a dentist. but you still need to find a job and hoping they'll hire you and apply for work visa for you.

51. abnabat

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Anyone from IRAN going to do ADC part1(MCQ exam) in 2012?or anyone who just want to start studying for sep2012???we can study online,my yahoo ID is [email protected] me there if you are intrested to study.