Australian Looking to study Medicine in the Netherlands.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItsBlake

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Made the decision that I very much want to study and practice medicine in the Netherlands. I am currently in year 11 and hopefully looking at an ATAR high 80's low 90's with my school being in an under represented low socio economic area for university access programs. I am just trying to grasp how I can get from where I am now to where I want to be. I really want to go to Erasmus University in Rotterdam for various reasons but half the site being in dutch and no clear entry requirements and some weird 10 point gpa system have left me lost. So with the scene set lets get into some questions.

I was wondering if an ATAR around what I would be getting would be enough to get straight into the degree? (Probably not, and for the better as well because I would be dead broke)

The most likely for me seems to be doing an undergrad in some field of science in Victoria, probably bio-medicine at Melbourne uni or Monash or just a generic science degree, if I did this it would leave me with a decent some of money for when I move but I do wonder if you guys have any incing of what kind of GPA I would need to come out of these with to get into the undergraduate medicine at Erasmus.

It'll be really nice just to have the peace of mind and a number to aim for so thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.