SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Australian Med Schools

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by Kit71, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Kit71

Kit71 New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi All

I am a slightly *ahem* older lass contemplating this whole post-graduate medical school situation. I have recently completed a post-grad qualification in Exercise Science, and therefore, have an undergraduate science qualification.

I am interested in hearing - first hand - from those of you who have completed, or are currently completing, a four year post-graduate medical degree in Australia. Since I have recently purchased a house (woohoo!) in Brisbane, I am particularly keen to hear from those slaving away at UQ!!

Questions on my mind run along the lines much did you prepare/study for GAMSAT?; did you pay big bucks for a prep course, and if you did, did it assist you? is med school living up to your expectations etc...

Many thanks
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic! Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Apr 9, 2000
    hSDN Member

Most of the denizens here are Americans who have studied in Oz, but you may find a stray Aussie or two around here. I encourage you to do a search under this topic as there are many threads dealing with studying medicine in Australia (albeit, most from an American's perspective).

best of luck to you...