Australian med students in clinical years - how do you study? What resources do you swear by?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whoevenami

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm currently in MD2 and use a mix of BMJ onexamination qbank, amboss, random youtube vids (paul bolin ftw) to study. Keen to see how others study! People in my med school that I interact with tend to just write notes from lectures and don't really use UK/american resources.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone!

I'm currently in MD2 and use a mix of BMJ onexamination qbank, amboss, random youtube vids (paul bolin ftw) to study. Keen to see how others study! People in my med school that I interact with tend to just write notes from lectures and don't really use UK/american resources.
Second year as well, lots of people in my year use osmosis, BMJ, UptoDate and then the lectures we get from upper years (tend to cut out a lot of the fluff from the normal lectures and focus on the high yield material). Some "American" resources that I use/a few of my classmates use are Pathoma, Sketchy Pharm and Micro, along with boards and beyond. Those are all paid subscriptions but a good free YouTube channel that covers a lot of high yield/common content in a really concise way is dirty medicine (used to be called dirty usmle).

Do you use a qbank as well? I feel like passmedicine is really underrated learning tool for us australian students. Nice guidelines translate pretty well to what eTG says, only minor differences here and there