This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VivreSansPeur

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated high school with a 1.7 GPA and wanted to know what my chances were of being accepted into the national program from UAG's medical school. I know they ask for a 3.0 and accept lower, but how low is too low? I was honors and AP throughout most of highschool so I'm not sure if they'll take that into consideration. I've been told that as long as I have the money, and being that I'm from LA, I'm a shoo-in. I haven't taken their admissions test test yet, but it seems fairly easy and I'm sure I can score pretty well.

Members don't see this ad.

For medical school at UAG you need a bachelors degree from the US if you want to return to practice in the US.

For medical school at UAG you need a bachelors degree from the US if you want to return to practice in the US.

You do not need a Bachelors Degree, the international program which I assume you are refrencing, requires 90 credits from US school (about 2 years). And also you do not need the Bachelors to return and practice in the United States.

You do not need a Bachelors Degree, the international program which I assume you are refrencing, requires 90 credits from US school (about 2 years). And also you do not need the Bachelors to return and practice in the United States.

Yes it’s true. However that is the exception and not the rule. Very few students are accepted without a bachelors degree.