Autologous Dendritic Cell Therapeutic Cancer Vaccine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Its Z

Retired
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
IMUC
NWBO

discuss.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I recall reading an article on this topic from Nature Biotechnology some time ago.

Elegant concept, just look at sipuleucel-T; but over the past several decades, many tumor/cancer immunotherapies have enjoyed early-stage success only to fail phase 3 clinical trials (e.g. Panvac, Theratope, Canvaxin, etc). It's interesting that while there's only 1 FDA-approved cancer vaccine in the USA, there are 7-8+ marketed cancer vaccines world-wide.

Out of the 30+ cancer immunotherapies currently in late-stage clinical trials, it seems that ImmunoCellular Therapeutics and Northwest Biotherapeutics are at the forefront of this technology race.

Although I'm hopeful that some of these will succeed, I personally feel that the jury is still out on the blockbuster potential of these agents (both auto and allo); challenges to overcome include clinical/commercial viability, logistics/cost (seems to favor allo), release of immuno-suppressive factors by tumor cells, establishing regulatory guidelines, etc...

Another thing to consider is the synergistic property of chemotherapy and immunotherapy; they may not be necessarily mutually exclusive.

One thing's for sure; the future of oncology looks pretty darn exciting :)

Reactions: 1 user
Good analysis.

Deandron's Provenge has 1 major difference in marketing compared to IMUC and NWBO's vaccines. There are other options for Castration Resistant Prostate cancer besides Provenge. There's not whole lot of options for Glioblastoma.

I'm not even sure I have high hopes for these companies making through P-III. I just want to ride rumors and sell on news.

But interesting stories of 7 glioblastoma survivors out of 16 who received ICT-107 from IMUC.

Good analysis.

Deandron's Provenge has 1 major difference in marketing compared to IMUC and NWBO's vaccines. There are other options for Castration Resistant Prostate cancer besides Provenge. There's not whole lot of options for Glioblastoma.

I'm not even sure I have high hopes for these companies making through P-III. I just want to ride rumors and sell on news.

But interesting stories of 7 glioblastoma survivors out of 16 who received ICT-107 from IMUC.
Have y'all come across a patient started on course of Xofigo?

Yup. How much would you hAve made if you jumped in when i started this thread?

Got in around the middle of last week, luckily.

Timing wasn't so much the problem as was being in the position of broke new grad. Same goes for ONVO a couple weeks back.