1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Automatic Scholarships?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by efitzpat, Dec 30, 2008.

1. efitzpat

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Are there schools that give all accepted students scholarships? I thought I read in the UCLA thread that they do, but are there any other schools? Also, how does this then affect financial aid?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cbrons

cbrons Ratatoskr! *Roar*
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Some students get free rides, like a Ph.D. (but its not med school, its academic medicine) at the Cleveland Clinic (right???)

I think I'm correct on that

4. cheasus

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    cleveland clinic and pitts pstp program both give full tuition scholarship but both are 5 year programs

5. cheasus

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Its an md with research distinction, one year out. Some pursue a masters but everyone comes out with at least an MD

6. RySerr21

RySerr21 i aint kinda hot Im sauna
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I know one of the new schools in Florida gives its students full rides. They only have like 40 spots tho and i wouldnt be surprised if they were all in state.

7. scarletgirl777

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I have heard that the Pitt program may not actually be fully funded, there is some sort of snafu there...perhaps talk to current students to understand what the deal with that is.

8. Hyperstudyosis

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Cleveland Clinic gives all students a full tuition scholarship- they only accept 30-40 people a year though.

Mayo Clinic gives all students a scholarship that covers a large chunk of their tuition. I've also heard of a lot of people getting full free rides there. Once again though, they only accept 30-40 students per year.

University of Central Florida is starting their med school in August. They are giving their charter class a full tuition scholarship of $40,000 per year ( I believe this also covers all other fees). Currently this is only for their charter class (class of 2012), but when I was at the Medical School Symposium in Florida, the dean said that they were going to try to provide some sort of scholarship for the class of 2013, but it may not be the full $40,000. They are doing this because they will not technically be certified as a medical school or whatever until their first class graduates. So it's somewhat of a risk for these people, although I really don't feel it to be a risk because they really have their act together and I have no doubt they will get accredited. In fact, they have plans to build a whole medical city of sorts in the Orlando area. It's going to be pretty neat.

9. Live4Life

Live4Life Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    UTHSC San Antonio gives every out of state acceptee a scholarship over $1000 so that all OOS matriculants only have to pay in-state tuition.

10. efitzpat

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    How common are scholarships from the school? Do most people get some kind of scholarship offer once they are accepted?

Oh money... :scared:

11. CCLCMer

CCLCMer CCLCM Alum c/o 2011
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yes, CCLCM is completely tuition-free for all students. Some people even get stipends that cover part or all of their living expenses.

The class size is 32, but more people than that get accepted because some withdraw.

12. chemolupusMD

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    its UCF, they also give u extra money for living expenses. I think they might do it next year again but after that is done.