Availability of Jan 2015 MCAT dates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redwolf75

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody! Hope this is the right forum in which to post this.

I've been planning for awhile to take the MCAT at the end of Jan 2015. My mind has been on other matters the last few months (as I've been abroad) and for some foolish reason I assumed that I wouldn't have any problem registering for the exam when I began my 3.5 month study regimen. Getting back to the US today, I check the aamc website.

All dates for Jan 23 2015 MCAT are gone, proving me indeed a fool. Might they add further tests due to demand on this date or am I to put it plainly, screwed? If not, I'd be forced to go for the April 2015 date, which of course is not the ideal situation, for a multitude of reasons.

Thanks in advance!
Yours truly, shouldhaveregisteres3monthsago

PS- Also, can seats spontaneously appear due to cancelations? What would be the chance of grabbing one? And would starting to study under the assumption of being able to grab a seat be an intelligent gamble?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm having the same issue. I want to register for any date in January, but all of them only have Guam listed. Is this an error or is this actually the only place? Really worried here. I find it hard to believe that no where in the United States has these dates since they publicize them so readily.

Your best chance to find a seat you want (other than compulsively checking at the website) is https://twitter.com/AAMC_MCAT

"A very limited number of additional January seats will be added in the coming weeks. Stay tuned on Twitter."

October 14, 2014

Members don't see this ad :)
PS- Also, can seats spontaneously appear due to cancelations? What would be the chance of grabbing one? And would starting to study under the assumption of being able to grab a seat be an intelligent gamble?

I would really be interested in the answer to this question. I do not want to have to take the new version in April, and would definitely continue studying if this is a possibility. I see that someone else said limited seats will be added for January but none of those locations that they are adding would be ideal for my situation.

I would really be interested in the answer to this question. I do not want to have to take the new version in April, and would definitely continue studying if this is a possibility. I see that someone else said limited seats will be added for January but none of those locations that they are adding would be ideal for my situation.
As people cancel their registration the seats open up on the MCAT system. In the past usually the closer you get to the deadline for a certain test date more people cancel thus more seats open up. But because January is the last month to take the same exam, so less people would be willing to drop their seats

That being said, when they do open up more Jan test date seats in "early November" newer seats means more people will reschedule their December and early January dates to late January. So more seats could open up near you but there is absolutely no guarantee. I would go ahead and start studying for this exam with the assumption that you'll be taking the exam sometime in Jan. If you don't end up getting the exam you'll be ahead in your studying for the April exam which still includes most of the old material (along with new material).

Keep checking the aamc mcat twitter account. They will be notifying on there when seats for Jan open up