Ave MCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NMH2001

Ferret Momma
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could give me some info about average MCAT scores of those accepted to DO schools (NYCOM in particular)

Second, what numbers should i aim for with a 3.44 GPA, 3.37 sci?

Thanks in advance!! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

In general, and I may gain grunts from some on my opinion, DO schools tend to look past numbers MORE OFTEN than MD schools. I was accepted at both, but DO schools tended to ask me more about experience and skills rather than the courses and MCAT scores. But to directly answer your question, I would think that a little better than mid-twenties, ie 26,27...would be a good bet for MOST DO schools and a solid GPA. Med schools MORE OFTEN look for that magic "30."
But again, this is just a general opinion and not a certainty. FYI, I chose DO school over MD!
Hope that helps! Just do your best and everything works out--don't give up. :wink:

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:••• But to directly answer your question, I would think that a little better than mid-twenties, ie 26,27...would be a good bet for MOST DO schools and a solid GPA. Med schools MORE OFTEN look for that magic "30."
••••I just wanted to clarify that DO schools ARE "med" schools too. :wink:

i can safely say that DO schools are really looking for a well-rounded person who will become a compassionate and competent physician. i just got my acceptance with a 26 on the MCATS and a 2.96sci,3.2 all other GPA. I did have tons of EC's and community service....anyone can do it!!!

I got in with a 28 MCAT and 3.79 GPA.

Well I guess the guy before me shows you don't need my stats to get in

You will be fine

Good Luck

AK

I didnt apply to NY but I got into MSUCOM with 3.5 GPA and 30 MCAT.

Just wanted to add that I got a 21N on my MCAT and had roughly a 3.4 gpa. I had tons of experience, certifications, and volunteer work.
I got accepted to UHS!

Anyone can do it!

Chris