Average accepted DAT scores went down, what's all the bit#hing about?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
X

xxxTheDonxxx

since everyone is yelling and crying about how competitive last year's cycle was, and how it's going to be off the roof with the DAT scores. Well, I'm looking at the stats right now and for my state school and these other out of state schools in applying for, and their average dat for this recent past cycle dropped by .3 to .4. For this particular school, their average accepted dat scores for 2005-2006 was 18.35 AA and 17.30 PAT, and that was down from the previous year. I don't know how does everyone on SDN get 29/28/30 on the dat, but i'm thinking somebody lies. Sometimes it's not even possible to get a 29 or 30 on the DAT. Some people exagerating about stats to get in dent school, stop doing it because you're sending out false information. If you got 3.5+ and 20+, and you didn't get in, you must be a horrible person at the interviews.
-If you don't mind, I have to fly and save Metropolis...oh by the way i'm Superman.

Members don't see this ad.

... ummmm...... 'kay

Actually, with the bonus questions it is quite possible to get 31 on any section and bring up your TS/AA section scores as well.

31/31/30
4.1 GPA (Biochemistry and Applied Physics)
I hope I get in somewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
reapply2007 said:
Actually, with the bonus questions it is quite possible to get 31 on any section and bring up your TS/AA section scores as well.

I think I may have missed the newsletter, but there is now a BONUS question on the DAT?

reapply2007 said:

31/31/30

:laugh: :laugh: nice....

Fariba said:
I think I may have missed the newsletter, but there is now a BONUS question on the DAT?

It was a joke

You all are so mean...and I'm LOVING IT :D

Sorry I stepped away from the computer to eat dinner. It looks like I need to clear up question on bonus points. If you read the DAT confirmation letter, it has directions in the section about confirming the test date that states that by calling the ADEA before scheduling the test online, you can purchase the bonus questions for $25. It's three additional questions per section with additional time. Once you schedule a test time, apparently you can't go back and add them.

However, in the end what is really important is how well prepared for the DAT you are. If you think this pushes the joke too far, I apologize. Have a drink on me.

31/31/30

reapply2007 said:
Sorry I stepped away from the computer to eat dinner. It looks like I need to clear up question on bonus points. If you read the DAT confirmation letter, it has directions in the section about confirming the test date that states that by calling the ADEA before scheduling the test online, you can purchase the bonus questions for $25. It's three additional questions per section with additional time. Once you schedule a test time, apparently you can't go back and add them.

However, in the end what is really important is how well prepared for the DAT you are. If you think this pushes the joke too far, I apologize. Have a drink on me.

31/31/30

wow, i did not know that. sucks for me i guess. 25 bucks is nothing after i added the billion extra transcripts.

How do some of you guys read JOKE, and then fall for it again in the same thread. WOW!

sometimes i wonder if these ppl will really become dentists.

Members don't see this ad :)
cys19 said:
sometimes i wonder if these ppl will really become dentists.

Sometimes I wonder if these ppl will really become even normal, functioning human beings. But I am pretty sure that those ppl didn't do so hot in RC, when the questions would be "what do you think this alludes to" or "what do you think the author means by this statement?"

What's a joke? Is that something I should know the definition of for the DAT?

Honestly though, I saw a conversion chart that showed even a perfect score on like the bio or gen chem section only gets you a ~27.
However, I know for a fact that if you get them all right on the RC you get a 30 cause I got one. The friuts of a misspent youth :)

Can you get a 30 in each section?

armorshell said:
No it wasn't. My test had bonus points after each section, on current events and world geography.
OMG plz help me !1!1!eleventy-one!1!

Does any1 have any good geography qs? I need teh bonus points badly!

ZOMG TY

Chuck1441 said:
Honestly though, I saw a conversion chart that showed even a perfect score on like the bio or gen chem section only gets you a ~27.
However, I know for a fact that if you get them all right on the RC you get a 30 cause I got one. The friuts of a misspent youth :)

Can you get a 30 in each section?
I'd never seen someone with a 30. That's amazing. I assume you read a lot?

pop culture trivia would be a cool bonus question

can someone please share the bonus question they had on their dat so that i can memorize the answer and cross my fingers that the same question will be on my dat? HUH? please?

Alright...my bonus question was genetics related and was this...

If there are over fifty smurfs in smurf village, and only one smurfette, and the society continues to exist for several generations, what is the inbreeding quotient of the F2 population and how much of a ***** was the original smurfette?

a) 0.45, a street *****
b) 0.45, a two-dollar *****
c) 0.69, a two-dollar *****
d) 0.69, a coin-operated strip booth *****
e) impossible to estimate

The answer is (d). The only way to know this is by watching episode # 0047 when papa smurf briefly mutters "that F-ing bi+ch. I knew she was trouble ever since I took her home from that strip joint" when looking at smurfette.

djeffreyt said:
Alright...my bonus question was genetics related and was this...

If there are over fifty smurfs in smurf village, and only one smurfette, and the society continues to exist for several generations, what is the inbreeding quotient of the F2 population and how much of a ***** was the original smurfette?

a) 0.45, a street *****
b) 0.45, a two-dollar *****
c) 0.69, a two-dollar *****
d) 0.69, a coin-operated strip booth *****
e) impossible to estimate

The answer is (d). The only way to know this is by watching episode # 0047 when papa smurf briefly mutters "that F-ing bi+ch. I knew she was trouble ever since I took her home from that strip joint" when looking at smurfette.

WRONG! the answer is E. smurfs cant inbreed because they lack reproductive organs. Its like Donnie Darko explained in the movie,
"Its so illogical ya know.. about being a smurf. Whats the point of living if you dont have a d*ck?" -- Donnie Darko

crap Donnie darko is on the DAT...I better netflix it fast

xxxTheDonxxx said:
since everyone is yelling and crying about how competitive last year's cycle was, and how it's going to be off the roof with the DAT scores. Well, I'm looking at the stats right now and for my state school and these other out of state schools in applying for, and their average dat for this recent past cycle dropped by .3 to .4. For this particular school, their average accepted dat scores for 2005-2006 was 18.35 AA and 17.30 PAT, and that was down from the previous year. I don't know how does everyone on SDN get 29/28/30 on the dat, but i'm thinking somebody lies. Sometimes it's not even possible to get a 29 or 30 on the DAT. Some people exagerating about stats to get in dent school, stop doing it because you're sending out false information. If you got 3.5+ and 20+, and you didn't get in, you must be a horrible person at the interviews.
-If you don't mind, I have to fly and save Metropolis...oh by the way i'm Superman.

you never cease to amaze me with your insightful posts!

good luck with the application process!
WS :)

this whole thread proves that half the people on here are really trying to use this site as a way to learn about the interview process and the other half are just basic losers that have nothing else to do but study and get 30's on **** or just make up false facts and then make fun of people who are nervous b/c of your dumb lies. please get a life and stop making fun of people who are most likely going to be your colleagues someday and no matter what you got on your DAT, its not gonna freakin matter in 15 years when we all have the same damn degree.

You ppl are ALL crazy!!

I guess that's what it takes to be a doc.

OK, so there might not be a bonus question, but I did memorize my answers for bio/chem/ochem. You don 't even need to read the questions - you don't need luck!

ABACADABAABACADABAABACADABAABACADABAABACADABAABACADABAABACADABAABACADABAABACADABAABACADABAABACADABAA

No thanks is necessary.

31/31/30